Ps3 Slimline

Boswell

My friend managed to pull off a pretty sweet deal yesterday. In town, there's a games shop that sells stuff for the proper RRP, with no discounts or anything. Their trade-in values are higher as a result of this though. GameStation offer a price-match trade-in thing, but they sell stuff at a reduced price. Long 'n' short of it is that my friend got a trade-in price for his PS3 with a controller (That he got for free...) from the other shop, then got it price-matched at GS. Visually it was fine, but he thinks it's on it's last legs 'cos it gets really noisy really quickly. It was also almost out of warranty too. Anyways, GS do a test on it and are alright with the price match, so it basically means that he's gotta pay a £20 deposit and then an additional £20 to get the PS3 Slimline - which basically means he's got his old PS3, but with a full warranty and with a fresh setup. Fairly ideal.

Ps3's are balls, Get a 360.

Why do Playstation do this? They release there ps3 and a year later and slimline, Why would people buy it when they already have the normal one?

To be honest I wish I didn't buy my 360 and saved up a bit more for a PS3 instead.

Wish I didn't buy my PS3. 8 weeks old, and it's died. Bought it from PC world and they're denying any responsibility for sorting the problem out even after telling them the terms on contract in the Sales of Goods Act. Trying to explain anything to some one in customer service is like teaching a paraplegic football.

Xbox live rapes psn or whatever it's called. Personally after campaign without playing online there's no point in having the game. But for example there's more 10th prestigers on both cod 4&5 on xbox than ps3 because the online expierence doesn't become boring or repetative.

• 2 weeks later...

Any thoughts on the Xbox vs. PS3 things with current prices and stuff? I've always had Playstations- still got a PSOne and PS2 and that's one reason to get a PS3 if backwards compatibility allows me to play some of the old games... also never been a fan of the Xbox controller and have heard of so many breaking. Bluray does nothing for me and I don't have an HD TV so that's not an issue either.

PS3 or Xbox?

ps3's rulleeeeeeee.

anyone fancy a game of cod 4 now? :P

In answer to your question dave: ive played my mates xbox and i was just sitting there bored for some reason ps3's are just 1000000000% better than xbox IMO. its the whole internet browsing thing to (the fact you can just downloads stuff straight to your ps3 is awsome) as for graphics i think ps3's are much higher quality again imo. id deffinately fork out the extra few quid for the ps3 (more reliable too ;))

Edited by Rob Brodie

But for example there's more 10th prestigers on both cod 4&5 on xbox than ps3 because the online expierence doesn't become boring or repetative.

Its the exact same.. Cod4 and 5 on PS3 have everything that the Xbox versions have, the online modes are all the same.. so what do you mean?

I own both.. so im not a fanboy :P

I cant deide about the new slime-line model. I think its the finish and the click rather than touch power button. I prefer my nice shiney fingerprint attracting machine.

Also i prefer my ps3 online to my xbox 360 i dont like the layout, i get for more lag on xbox live than psn, and the way the acheievment system works is nowhere near as satisfying as hearing a "ping" and having a little trophy pop up in my opinion.

I've got the slim, and the finish is definitely not as nice as the 'classic'. The buttons are nice buttons but still not as gucci as touch buttons. I guess the only real appeal is the price, the size, the quietness and the energy efficiency if you're a hom.

Just a tip for anyone wanting to save money. If you buy a pre-owned game from 'GAME' you can prize open the bottom corner of the ps3 case, get a butter knife up and press the clip holding the CD in. Then shake the CD to the bottom of the case and get some tweezers to pull it out the rest of the way. Takes about 5 mins but could save you £30 if you don't like the game and want to return it in the 28 days that GAME give you if the seal is still intact.

I've got the slim, and the finish is definitely not as nice as the 'classic'. The buttons are nice buttons but still not as gucci as touch buttons. I guess the only real appeal is the price, the size, the quietness and the energy efficiency if you're a hom.

The fact it's not a smeary dust magnet with fan vents in the top makes it a winner for me. The size is much nicer, as it takes up less room on my desk, and looks much more discreet.