Validation

Linden

after 6 months of giving good advices and everything i would say i´m good enough to be validated,that´s what i´m saying and six months of waiting is really good reason for being pissed,especially when you see all that stupid imature coments made by full members.this is only forum i know about which has this "clever"system,because there is no need for something like this,because if somebody is idiot as you said,mod gives him warning or ban,no problem,that´s the job of mods imo,not to act like "gods of validation" who know exactly who is good enough and who isn´t.

oh,i haven´t noticed this is english grammar forum,but maybe i´m wrong.

If you had a choise to either let everyone into your house and be the one that had to clean up or post a bouncer at the entrance, what would be your pick?

Not that many people are that into cleaning up after others, så validation really is not that much to ask in order to take the maintenance down to a minimum.

Also it really don't matter what the forum is for, the use of maybe not perfect language but at least getting the basics right is something that most people pick up in their first years of school. It's not rocket science.

You've got to remember that he's from Slovakia though and so English is unlikely to be his first language. If I was posting in a Slovakian trials forum I very much doubt my posts would be as easy to read as ghostriders...

You put spaces after commas and full stops in Slovakian.

You're posts are really hard to read, you seem to use a different apostrophe to everyone else which looks like you've put a space either side of it, that in it's self isn't a big deal but combine that with the fact that you don't use spaces after commas, full stops and brackets etc make you posts very annoying to read.

Because in slovak language isn´t anything like apostrophe,so slovak keyboard doesn´t have apostrophe button logically. What i´m writing is just something that just looks like apostrophe.

You put spaces after commas and full stops in Slovakian.

That´s right,but i do it just when i´m writing official report to school. I really don´t get you guys, you´re acting like bunch of grammar bitches here, but all sections are full of dunno,though etc.I don´t think you find any of them in dictionary...

Edited by ghostrider88

Seriously, who gives a flying f**k if he doesn't put a space after a comma?

Half of full members type worse then this guy and English isn't even his first language.

I would hope that the validation system is more a way to weed out the morons who are just here to make a quick 20 quid by mugging someone off, or to just be a complete childish moron, which this guy clearly isn't.

Yes, we like to be able to read the post's, but i'm sure some slack can be cut to someone who wasn't born into English.

I must of missed the point where validation turned into an English exam.

I dont see what is so hard about using correct gramma, punctuation and spelling.

If you are from another country that doesnt speak English then its understandable, but there are some people that do speak English and I cant even understand a word!

For example, there was a guy on here that didnt use full stops, capitals or ant punctuation at all, I gave up on guessing what he was saying in the end.

So I say, seeing that you dont speak English as a first language you should get some slack, but it would help to use capitals.

Many people have made topics about Validation and it doesnt help their cause, in the end you will get Validated (unless you pack hissy fits and such).

P.s. The Validation system is more for the content of the posts and getting rid of Douche bags and such.

I personaly think that it is a very good and effective system.

Edited by Joe O'Connor

I personaly think that it is a very good and effective system.

Heh, this coment´ll help you to get validated soon.

The point is, that if you don´t use capital letters it doesn´t change the meaning of words. I agree full stop is helpful sometimes, but i´m not sure if i´m using it or not, i think i am. Maybe i don´t know what the full stop is :-)

Spend a few days posting good posts and you should catch the eye of someone,Thats what i did and now i am a full member.

It is a good system it keeps the scammers out,it proves that the people on here really want to be on here otherwise there would not put the effort in to become a full member.

LOL at this thread.

Just because some people get missed out or not noticed does not make the system bad. The improvement to TF was massive after this system was implemented.

If you hardly ever post, or you post useless crap written in "txt talk" or you moan about not being validated, you probably never will get validated.

It really isn't difficult to get validated, for example if you see someone new that's been validated quickly, go to their profile and check out what they've posted and do something similar. I don't mean copy their posts, just see how they've posted and behaved.

Seriously, who gives a flying f**k if he doesn't put a space after a comma?

Half of full members type worse then this guy and English isn't even his first language.

Yes, we like to be able to read the post's, but i'm sure some slack can be cut to someone who wasn't born into English.

I must of missed the point where validation turned into an English exam.

"If someone's post doesn't start in a capital letter, I never validate them" I've heard that come out of the majority of the mods mouths. I know the guy isn't English, and i'm not criticizing his his spelling, i'm criticizing the way he types, putting spaces after commas and full stops has got nothing to do with what language he speaks, it's just one of the reasons why he isn't validated. It's got nothing to do with me caring about how he posts.

to be honest,i really don´t understand the whole point of this validation system,i´m here more than 6months and i´m still not validated and i haven´t done anything bad...so what´s the point of all this???in my opinion just making hurdles for new members,that´s what it is.i´m really pissed about this stupid crap

yeh well language wont help it says on the "rules" to validation, its not hard

"If someone's post doesn't start in a capital letter, I never validate them" I've heard that come out of the majority of the mods mouths. I know the guy isn't English, and i'm not criticizing his his spelling, i'm criticizing the way he types, putting spaces after commas and full stops has got nothing to do with what language he speaks, it's just one of the reasons why he isn't validated. It's got nothing to do with me caring about how he posts.

If it was that much of a big deal to him, he'd make the effort to put a capitol letter at the start of his sentences.

yeh well language wont help it says on the "rules" to validation, its not hard

Oh the irony, it also mentions a good use of the English language.....

Edited by Pashley26

I don't see why everyone makes such a fuss about being validated, I'm on here pretty much everyday, just having a browse, reading all the topics and watching all the videos, if I have a question I'll put it in the NMC area and it will get answered. The only thing I can't do that I'd like to is reply in the For Sale section, but it's not the end of the world and one day when I see a topic that I feel I can help with I'll write a few good replies and get validated, until then I'll keep doing what I'm doing and not making a fuss. By making yet another "Why haven't I been validated" topic you're just annoying everyone in the NMC that has got genuine questions to ask or points to make.

I think that refers to English people, not those still learning English. I also think you're aware of this and are just trying to be annoying.

Stop being a complete twat.

I think that refers to English people, not those still learning English. I also think you're aware of this and are just trying to be annoying.

Stop being a complete twat.

And like I said in the post you quoted it doesn't matter what language you speak, some things are consistent throughout all languages. If i'm wrong, please do tell me, but as far as I'm aware Slovakian uses the same kind of basic punctuation, which are capital letters at the start of sentences and spaces after full stops and commas. He said it himself it's a lack of effort rather than a problem occurring due to the fact that English isn't his first language.

I'm not saying he shouldn't have been validated, I'm saying that that could be one of the reasons why he wasn't.

You see I explained my point of view instead of calling you a twat.

Edited by JT!

I find it a little bit annoying when i see "Belga" has been validated in a month and only made a few posts, but as far as i know he has been making some good comments and spells well, etc. (Im not saying he does not deserve it, i have seen most of his posts, theres no junk in there)

As long as i know il get validated eventually then thats fine by me.

Your signature is MASSIVE.

You just need a couple of tweaks, and you'll be set for validation.

Here's one - capitalise your I's when you're referring to yourself ;)

A lot of the time, mods rely on members to report for validation.

It doesn't work too well, because there are a lot of... silly people in NMC, and it puts you off visiting there.

I've been reporting for validation recently, so maybe your turn will be soon, or something.

I find it a little bit annoying when i see "Belga" has been validated in a month and only made a few posts, but as far as i know he has been making some good comments and spells well, etc. (Im not saying he does not deserve it, i have seen most of his posts, theres no junk in there)

As long as i know il get validated eventually then thats fine by me.

You are validated? :huh:

Edited by Hannah Shucksmith