Thought You Might Like To Know.

Little Yoshi

Why do people continue to make seats on 24s?

Honestly, this is so stupid.

15 years ago, all mods had seats.

10 years ago, most stocks had seats.

Now, virtually none have them because we've progressed.

In 2009, all 24" bikes have seats.

How long is it going to take for people to realise, that having something you can't sit on, adds weight and gets in the way is nonsense?

Perhaps in 2020 we'll finally be getting 24" bikes without seats. But then 22" bikes will be introduced and riders will have to wait till 2030 until they come with no seat post.

How long is it going to take for people to realise, that having something you can't sit on, adds weight and gets in the way is nonsense?

Perhaps in 2020 we'll finally be getting 24" bikes without seats. But then 22" bikes will be introduced and riders will have to wait till 2030 until they come with no seat post.

Greetings, you speak the truth! The seat looks good down low like on the inspired, but honnestly there is just no point in them. Since the 4-play came out everyone has jumped on the bandwagon making 24s, but they all look similar. Someone bring out a differnt TRIALS 24"!!!

Edited by trialsmax04

Your missing the whole point of 24, the point is to have something which looks like a normal bike, but rides like a BMX/trials mash up. The seat is essential for grip in some cases.

As soon as riders get out of this mentality the better. Ridings not about weight, its about fun.

Ciguena says hi.

Zoot concurs.

lol, i use my seat all the time, its alot better then not having one, and heavy bikes are good becuase you get hench! :P

I've got very limited experience with 24" bikes but the one I rode for a few hours was an Inspired and it was virtually impossible to sit on the seat and reach the handlebars at the same time. Fair play it depends on the stem but it would never be even close to being comfortable.

Indeed there was the Zoot which in concept was a really nice idea, as was the Ciguena - but two frames don't change much here in the general concept of 24" trials bikes.

I've got very limited experience with 24" bikes but the one I rode for a few hours was an Inspired and it was virtually impossible to sit on the seat and reach the handlebars at the same time.

I sit on my seat all the time, you just cant sit and peddle, much like BMX bikes.

lol, i use my seat all the time, its alot better then not having one, and heavy bikes are good becuase you get hench! :P

Amen to that bro! Reppin' the 12kg massive.

I don't like it really, looks pretty grim, but if it's cheap though (i mean, really cheap) then yeah, awesome. Wouldn't really trust it with the reputation of Neon's build quality, either...

Oh and re; seats - how many bmx's can you comfortably sit down and ride? I can think of maybe 1 at my local skatepark, and even that's cramped. I love my seat, crusing between spots, or the awesome that is do something, sit down, roll away. Sweet :)

Edited by Skoze

price could be the major winner for this, im currently debatin tryin 24" in the effort to find some fun in riding, but the whole idea of £320 + new wheels + cranks(as i run sq taper atm) is rather offputting. but if this came in cheap enough, took my existing cranks, and saved me a small packet whilst having the option of going double disc later on, is a huge plus side.

As soon as riders get out of this mentality the better. Ridings not about weight, its about fun.

I can't beleive you are saying that, you started an argument last time I rode london with you about the weight of someones inspired and started saying how you love your lighter parts as it makes it so much easier to ride.

As for the weight thing my old t-rex with a seat weighs the same as my Limey without one, plus I agree that heavier bikes are not neccesarily worse.