The Manual Dream.

Mark W

Have you had 'The Manual Dream'  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Have you?

• Yes.
    • No.

This has got me thinking... Which one of the old classic videos am I thinking about when I'm thinking of the end credits rolling and someone (I should really know who, but we're talking VHS days here...) doing a ridiculous manual through crowds of people? Was it evolve?

EDIT: and have I just, inadvertently I might add, started a 'what's the best manual you've seen' tangent?

Ryan Leech in Evolve ha ha. Classic video.

WRONG!! YOU ARE WRONG!!!

It was Reed Merchant (the maker of said film).

SUCK MY TOES LOSER!

Back to topic, I have never had the manual dream, but as Mark said, I also have no feelings.

Edit: I have had a Manual dream! I dreamt of Rowan Johns. :rolleyes:

Best manual I've ever seen was Karl Poynter in a recent-ish issue of Props. Manuals completely around a skatepark twice (as in up and down ramps), then does a 180 out of it, then a 540 halfcab. It's f**king nuts.

WRONG!! YOU ARE WRONG!!!

It was Reed Merchant (the maker of said film).

SUCK MY TOES LOSER!

Back to topic, I have never had the manual dream, but as Mark said, I also have no feelings.

Edit: I have had a Manual dream! I dreamt of Rowan Johns. :rolleyes:

I always just assumed it was leech. How wrong I've been for the last 10 years.

This has got me thinking... Which one of the old classic videos am I thinking about when I'm thinking of the end credits rolling and someone (I should really know who, but we're talking VHS days here...) doing a ridiculous manual through crowds of people? Was it evolve?

90% sure i actually dreamt that was me once, but that was a long time ago. Sucks so much when you realise you can't do it.

I used to have it constantly. Whenever i woke up i was always so sure that would be the day id perfect manuals, but it was not to be. They seem a lot harder in real life.

This is exactly it. I usually wake up believing I CAN manual, and then realise over breakfast that it was just a dream, which makes me angry by reminding me that all I want to do on a bike is endless manuals and despite a good 7-8 years of trying, I can't do them :angry:

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I used to have the dream about 5 years ago, annoying as hell because as Tomm said back in March you wake up believing you've nailed the technique and then over breakfast it sinks in that you're actually back to square 1 with no chance of manualling haha.

I'd love to be able to manual.

I used to have the dream about 5 years ago, annoying as hell because as Tomm said back in March you wake up believing you've nailed the technique and then over breakfast it sinks in that you're actually back to square 1 with no chance of manualling haha.

I'd love to be able to manual.

^^ That.

Had it a fair few times - so disheartening to wake up and still not be able to :(

Did improve my feeble attempts at 'em, though - still can't just hold one but manuals to bunnys to rear were coming along nicely before i so foolishly sold the Leeson.