Tarty Days Feedback

AdamR28

Hi guys,

I had a good chat with Matt (Barlow, 'mintsauce' on the forum) yesterday and we think that, hopefully, the first Tarty Days ended up being worthwhile...?

We would like to repeat the event in future years but would like some honest feedback from you guys regarding every aspect of the weekend (organisation, riding kit, camping, showers, etc).

For example, one of the main things we identified was that the riding was probably a little limited (due to the course being designed for the Woodfest then borrowed for Tarty Days), so we would like to make sure there's more intermediate/beginner stuff available next time.

Any thoughts regarding which aspects of the weekend we should keep would be welcomed also - I think the water balance beam is pretty much a dead cert?

Anyway, thanks in advance for your help!

Adam

It was honestly amazing. I loved it, the missus loved it.

I do agree on needing a slightly larger range of stuff to ride. I'm not a great rider but there was enough for me to ride, but a lot of things were out of my scope really. Nevertheless, best weekend I've had in such a long time.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, thanks so much to you and everyone involved.

I thought it was awesome, Again agreeing that some more beginner/ intermediate type stuff would have been ideal too. But i guess since it was a borrowed rig made for demos, that's just the way it was gonna be for this year.

i can't fault it for anything else, I never once thought "aw man, If only they'd done this, that, etc...."

It was in a good spot close to a shop and a pub too, which was really convinient

Where was it held?

i didn't realise you held these days.

From my point of view. you could do to put real beginner stuff in. and maybe a decent rider to 'help' us?

How much is it to ride?

And when is the next one?

P.S if your making your own track/layout. and you need pallets/tyres/logs etc. let me know can get them, very cheap/free.

I'm surprised you didn't see it, it was all over tartybike.co.uk :S

More on topic i had a brilliant time i thought the course was great, but i would have liked some more streety type things to play on (but thats just me) . But overall it was a good atmosphere everyone was there to have a good time also it was well organized and you should defo do it next year. :)

I had a great weekend, food and showers were spot on. The riding equipment was good, but I felt a lot was set to a higher ability, for future events equipment aimed for beginner/intermediate levels would benefit a lot of riders all round. For likes of riders on 24's and ones that like more streety trials, if that could also be catered for, it would make the event slot more appealing and better, offering potential for more silly lines.

Other than the riding equipment, I thought the event overall was amazing, can't fault it.

I had a great weekend, food and showers were spot on. The riding equipment was good, but I felt a lot was set to a higher ability, for future events equipment aimed for beginner/intermediate levels would benefit a lot of riders all round. For likes of riders on 24's and ones that like more streety trials, if that could also be catered for, it would make the event slot more appealing and better, offering potential for more silly lines.

Other than the riding equipment, I thought the event overall was amazing, can't fault it.

Yerp, Exactly what nick said.

I think there was alot of people not riding, because maybe they felt there ability wasnt good enough for the obstacles.

So just abit more variety in obstacle ability.

Apart from that. Bang on!! Showers were mint..Passing bessell the soap, singing some tunes, i the hot water. Was immense hah

Food was bang on - pricey for what was really being offered though, £3 for a bacon butty and a small cup of tea, I know its not outrageous but when there was really no other food availiable local except sandwhiches and stuff, and seeing as you were pretty stuck on site, if it was cheaper I would have eaten more, seeing as it cost £100 in fuel to get there! haha

Showers were spot on, better when not all the showers were on though! haha toilet facilitys were excellent.

Wood supply was immense.

Riding was great, thought there was enough for all levelsof riding, but maybe not enough of it, no offence to anyone, but noticed the not so good riders huddled around a couple of pallets while the more confident people had stollen some of the smaller stuff to make lines and the like. loved all the ballance beams and stuff had some fun up there, and the water ballance beam was a must! I'm not a good rider but kept finding new stuff that i wanted to do. so for me an average rider i think there was enough, but maybe not enough for people either at ends of the spectrum.

I can imagine it being hard to make it "street" friendly because of run up's and the like but it would deffo be a good idea! I don't think enough people played on the ballance beams though really, though that kid did break his wrist jumping off it so maybe that was slightly understandale! i think even making a solid pallet set up could work and be more versatile in moving it about, and adapting it for different riding abilitys.

Maybe next time have a stool up, because some people broke their bikes which put them out for the weekend which was a real shame and a small stall could "easily" have been set up for a couple of hours each day to help people out with bike related problems which could have made the weekend easier for some?

Also i think that Tarty bikes should have fixed my bike free of charge for being a legend, because after the weekend i need, a new frame, new BB and a new freewheel which seems to have imploded from water damage.

But other than that was a quality weekend thanks to everyone who got involved and organised it being such an amazing event :)

I missed out as i need to book time off work about 3 months in adavance, please more notice as the pics and feedback from the local guys looked and sounded epic.

Location would be good to be more in the center of the country where everybody can have a chance to get too.

no more feedback as i missed out :(

Again, the stuff for lower level riders to play on would be good but that has already been said.

Was a mint weekend, the hosts were immense! Them doing the food made everything so much simpler with so few trips to the shop. Hopefully it was worth their while doing it. I think the location was amazing, very few residence near by to complain as we are bound to be noisy, plenty of space for more people to come and more stuff to ride. I think it being quite remote means you get all the riders that are 'really' into riding not all the kids that do it because their mates do.

Basically, room for improvement but the first one was an excellent starting point.

Was a great way to meet riders from other parts of the country too.

Regards

Would it be possible to host it at a natural location?

The course was mostly pretty technical, so was good for street and natual riders, and mostly street riders came. You can't not come to an event and criticise it.

(who got their inspired tee for getting wet?)

Edited by Simpson

The course was mostly pretty technical, so was good for street and natual riders, and mostly street riders came. You can't not come to an event and criticise it.

I got a card from royal mail alst night saying a parcel was to be delivered but there was a postage fee to pay, I think that might be my tee, gonna have to pop down to the post office and find out.

I would have loved to have gone but with it being in Wales...was a touch to far.

If it where near Birmingham/coventry i.e. a bit more central to the country I think that would improve the turn out big time! I'd have gone for a start ^_^

I went from Woking, surrey with a couple mates. Simpson went from Essex with a couple guys, and even a couple guys went up from Portsmouth. For me it was about 200 miles each way, but for the other's it would have been more. The journey was well worth it for the event. Though the location is alittle unusual and set out from the centre of the country, it ment we wouldn't upset many people by our noise during the evenings and such.

Didnt mean it to sound that way , i was trying to say pretty much will the venue change at all?

Pretty sure the venue itself was great , was not able to come due to my GCSE's , will most likely come to one in the future

i was trying to say pretty much will the venue change at all?

Very unlikely, although Matt will know more than me. To find a place with camping, showers, a woodyard right next door, field to park in plus far enough from houses that you can make fires and blow stuff up - near a major city - would be impossible.

Will reply to rest of stuff asap (Y)