Question

shadow wolf

Another reason is psychological, if a boy sees someone doing something amazing on a trials bike they think 'wow I would love to be able to do that' whereas a girl would more likely think 'I could never do that' this can only be remedied by female rolemodels in the sport and there arn't really many of them.

Completely not true, lol.

I'm not on about me, I do plenty of high impact sports, kickboxing, mountain biking, horse riding and a bit of freerunning (Pakour) so no manning up needed here thanks.

Are you all the girls in the world or do you have acces to their minds?

I havn't either but have eyes that see and ears that listen.

If in fact you ride trials and see other people doing stuff and go to yourself, I could do that too then congratulations you are one of the minority and have grown up with this bonus.

The vast majority of girls will think this way about trials, I am not talking about girls that already ride I am talking about girls generally. It is not a case of just 'manning up' it is the way scociety generally has programmed girls traditionally.

I believe this is slowly changeing but there is a hell of alot to do to catch up with boys.

Which could be why you think that way.

Indeed it can be no other case as the evident points it out clearly, there are less girls riding trials, there are percentage wise less girls doing almost all of these types of sports.

Do you also have a answer why there are less female trials riders?

Katkin has a very valid point. All the girls who have seen about trials (also did a presentation about trials at Sixth Form) were like, I could never do that I'd die etc.

Obviously they don't speak for everyone as people we have individual differences

Hannah's just pissed that there's a girl on here with actual thoughts and opinions, rather than those that she got from Myspace and My Chemical Romance.

It'll all be OK Hannah, I'm sure she'll go off and leave those of us with no lives to keep trolling the forum.

• Like 1

Hannah's just pissed that there's a girl on here with actual thoughts and opinions

Oh my god.

Thank you - that was brilliant.

I'd also like to thank KatKin for putting Hannah firmly back in her place... Or atleast a fair bit closer to it.

Oh my god.

Thank you - that was brilliant.

I'd also like to thank KatKin for putting Hannah firmly back in her place... Or atleast a fair bit closer to it.

I don't think that was her aim, she's just not like that.

My opinion is that there are very few girls doing trials because it is a sport for gays, freaks and weirdos, girls just don't have the security in their little heads to cope with being thought of as a weirdo.

I was talking to my mates that do downhill and shit and they genuinly think trials is "Pointless, weird and boring" which is a valid point.

The ones that do it are probably weirdo's, lesbians or don't give a f**k what people think :giggle:

On the highlighted point above, this is what I believe is the general publics percieved view not my own, this perception is slowly changeing I think thanks to

and the hard work of the various demo teams doing the rounds.

Edited by Matt Vandart

If you go deep into the Jungle you may see some trials riders fighting for the female trials rider which is always training alone on a big rock that not even male riders can attempt...

Girls are ace btw!

EDIT: I didn't read all the thread's posts, but now I HAVE!

Katkin! Well done, this is why I say girls are fantastic!

Edited by Canardweb

My opinion is that there are very few girls doing trials because it is a sport for gays, freaks and weirdos

I always wondered why youd started, now it all becomes clear.

The ones that do it are probably weirdo's, lesbians or don't give a f**k what people think :giggle:

why have i got a feeling you had to make your own tea that night.

My personal opinion on it is: if you cant teach them to parallel park, your pissing in the wind trying to get them to sidehop up a wall.

I was talking to my mates that do downhill and shit and they genuinly think trials is "Pointless, weird and boring" which is a valid point.

Drive to a hill. Walk up a hill. Ride down the hill. Walk up a hill. Ride down the same route down the same hill. Repeat. Drive home.

Yep, lot of 'point' to that. Whole 'point' is that there's no 'point' to most pass-times for people because they're simply there to pass the time, as the name might suggest. Trying to say that one form of riding is more 'pointless' than another is about as bullshit as pretty much every logo'd up, twat-ish downhiller I've ever had the misfortune of meeting. Speaking of - forgot to add "repeatedly turn bar that same drop and look around to see if anyone was watching" to the downhill sequence.

• Like 1

Drive to a hill. Walk up a hill. Ride down the hill. Walk up a hill. Ride down the same route down the same hill. Repeat. Drive home.

Yep, lot of 'point' to that. Whole 'point' is that there's no 'point' to most pass-times for people because they're simply there to pass the time, as the name might suggest. Trying to say that one form of riding is more 'pointless' than another is about as bullshit as pretty much every logo'd up, twat-ish downhiller I've ever had the misfortune of meeting. Speaking of - forgot to add "repeatedly turn bar that same drop and look around to see if anyone was watching" to the downhill sequence.

I never know whether to say that we should go have a beer and set the world straight, or be annoyed that you get there first with great points like this.