What Does Everyone Do For A Living?

the

I'm manager at a local bike shop. when I'm not fixing or selling bikes I'm normally messing around with mine or trying to find random (sensible) stuff to order in, and most of my free time is spent on this or watching videos 'reasearching the market'... It's rather fun...

• Like 1

every one has pretty interesting jobs, i work in care for autism. Pays crap, hours are crap but we do get to do some cool stuff and get paid for it but it does not out weigh the crap we deal with on a day to day basis.

i have massive respect for anyone doing a job like this. cant be easy at all, and heartbreaking at times. is a million times more challenging than my average day

I work at Rolls-Royce building and stripping jet engines in the development stages of there lives. Pretty good money, and interesting work :)

My ideal job! Literally. How did you get into it? What did you study at Uni? (I can only presume you did)

I'm going onto placement next year and need ideas on where to go.

I work at Rolls-Royce building and stripping jet engines in the development stages of there lives. Pretty good money, and interesting work :)

Also my idea of a dream job. How did you get into it, and what requirements/qualifications are needed?

Massive fan with anything with an engine, especially aeronautical side of it.

Im only in my first year of 6th form, and would love to do something like this, but I've a feeling good maths results are needed?

Shame I suck at maths :(

Also my idea of a dream job. How did you get into it, and what requirements/qualifications are needed?

Im only in my first year of 6th form, and would love to do something like this, but I've a feeling good maths results are needed?

Don't think so, I know a girl who's doing the same thing without A-Levels.

My ideal job! Literally. How did you get into it? What did you study at Uni? (I can only presume you did)

I'm going onto placement next year and need ideas on where to go.

I went straight into royces from school on an apprenticeship, I'm now 19, fully qualified and loving it. Great money, great atmosphere and no uni fees. Literally 4gcses and they put you through college. Lovely stuff. I'd go for it dan, it's so good, great company to work for. Drop me a pm if you need some more info :)

• Like 1

I went straight into royces from school on an apprenticeship, I'm now 19, fully qualified and loving it. Great money, great atmosphere and no uni fees. Literally 4gcses and they put you through college. Lovely stuff. I'd go for it dan, it's so good, great company to work for. Drop me a pm if you need some more info :)

After looking into it, and having a look at the requirements on Rolls' site, I seem to fit the bill perfectly!

Going to be pursuing it and hopefully applying in the not too distant future. It's this or an apprenticeship at VW, but I know which I want more!

I think apprenticeships are great but they can be limiting which is why I left mine. The rolls ones yes are amazing because of the company, but many others are very specific so take a bit of time to think about them! My one would have only qualified me to work on aircraft and if I wanted to changes careers it wouldn't get me very far past the aerospace industry. That is why I chose to return to A levels so I could be more flexible and so I can become a pilot.

I don't mean to sound off putting just make sure its what you really want and in a progression you really want to do and have a look at a few companies offering them to :)

• Like 1

Aye its definitely something I want to do for sure. Im still looking around. Going for the Rolls option would require a little travel, while the VW option is fairly nearby. Both are areas that are extremely interesting to me, and are areas of work Ive wanted to do for as long as I can remember.

Very tempted to do as you are and go to college to do my A levels needed to become a pilot. Its something else Im quite passionate about doing. Im very hands on. Anything practical I love, which is why the Rolls and VW apprenticeship appeal to me so much.

Very tempted to do as you are and go to college to do my A levels needed to become a pilot.

You should! However id recommend you try and go through the RAF, I would have done this after my A levels but already at the start of them I am to tall for their specifications :( So commercial is the only way I can begin, this is rather expensive (N) Unless you're minted or can gain a sponsorship (read gold dust), you are most likely going to have to fund the whole training yourself which is around £80k. Most people like me do it through a pilot loan which is secured on something like your house (read parents ;) ) and then you pay it off usually when you start flying as a qualified pilot. Once again I sound like im probably putting you off! Im not! If you want any more info on the pilot thing just ask me or pm me Ill be happy to help :)

You should! However id recommend you try and go through the RAF, I would have done this after my A levels but already at the start of them I am to tall for their specifications :( So commercial is the only way I can begin, this is rather expensive (N) Unless you're minted or can gain a sponsorship (read gold dust), you are most likely going to have to fund the whole training yourself which is around £80k. Most people like me do it through a pilot loan which is secured on something like your house (read parents ;) ) and then you pay it off usually when you start flying as a qualified pilot. Once again I sound like im probably putting you off! Im not! If you want any more info on the pilot thing just ask me or pm me Ill be happy to help :)

I'd sort of forgotten just how much I wanted to be a pilot until now. For years I'd looked at going through the RAF, however its whether my eyesight is up to the job... Fairly sure it should be. Your not putting me off at all! Its great to be given advice from someone thats done/doing it :P How tall are you? I scrape in at just about 6' 1"ish....