Second Frame Build- Seventh And Final Update For A While

Rob Leech

Will that cater for mod/24 as well or are you gonna make a different one??

Nah, i've made this one so it can be set up for any frame really, the only thing i need to make for it to assemble mods is an adjustable axle to suit 116mm, but i'll leave that until i start on a mod like :).

Cheers,

Josh.

Oh, and set the center for the head tube aswell (Y)

Edited by Rob Leech

Top/down tubes look a little parallel for my liking, but otherwise this just gets sweeter and sweeter! (Y)

He said above the new pictures - that's not the way it's getting set up. Just random tubes put in to show how it fits together :)

The pictures really don't do it justice - that jig looks professional as f**k. And the headtubes are about 194% better looking in real life, too.

(Edit: I suppose it IS professional - being that fabrication/welding is his job :giggle:)

Edited by aener

are you going to be heat treating this frame?

I am indeed, found a few places to send it too around the area, as the actual processes involve kit that i dont have access to.

Not going to start asking around until it's fully welded up though :).

Cheers,

Josh.

• 2 weeks later...

Any further progress dude?

Not yet, have got the chain/seat stays ready, will hopefully have it assembled by next week, so will put picks up :).

Just been waiting for a few milling bits to arrive to do the drop-outs, should be here tomorrow (Y).

Cheers,

Josh.

Looks tidy dude, sweet work! Get some decent pics of those welds up!

Its only tacked up at the moment, still have to sort the gussets out, but when its done, i will do :).

Cheers,

Josh.

looking good! I do like it when people have the brains and means to make stuff themselves, and it looks like you have both in handfuls!

Cheers matey, and the handful of a midget mayby :P.

Josh.