Mental Health Issues.

Dave Anscombe

im feeling confident that i can stop smoking weed......ive rolled up all my joints and thrown them 1 by one down the toilet.......thats my way of throwing away my problems.......also spoke to my phsyciatrist for a few hours and went over my drug habbits and we may have come up with a way to help me with this so im putting it in to action.

MATE!

THING IS DAVID IM NOT HEALTHY I AM INFACT UNWELL

sorry dave i dont know why im being a arse to you you were always usually sound with me :S

sorry man

I get that but surely by accepting 'it' as existing you're feeding the illness rather than combating it?

I think the point may be, Dave, that the act of naming the hallucination is a part of the illness. At least initially. Naming it thereafter, when not delusional, is just referencing the delusional period and not neccesarily the same condition of giving merit or realism to it.

:P

Do you never get that thing where you swear you heard someone say your name?

Clearly if I'm lying in bed trying to get to get to sleep no-one's really said my name.

It only happens once in a while, like, twice a year.

I get that too actually, not necessarily someone saying my name but generally as I'm drifting off to sleep, suddenly banging awake because it feels like something was said to me. But like you say I quickly realise it was through my mind rather than through my ears.

Dave, you need to step up your care. Maybe move into a care home permanently, you sound like you're on a path where you're going to hurt yourself, or even worse someone else.

One Day somthing up stairs just triped......i was found walking down the middle of a busy road punching cars comming towards me....and i never remember anyof it......

second time......i beat 2 people up and bit someones ear off and dont remember that

then i started getting arrested once or twice a week for doing silly crazy stuff that is sooooooooooooooooo not me!

....not long ago i had a scrap with to fellas and bit ones ear clean off! it scares me and my family when im like that .

next thing i know my brothers pinned me down telling me to stop :S

he then took me to my room or whats left of it.......

and said

i found you beating up your walls and door.

from what i remember benji did say if you can catch me il go away .

so now i have two ballons for fists and i need stitches on my hands

Sorry but you are clearly a danger to yourself and to people around you. Why has nobody institutionalised you yet?

Clearly if I'm lying in bed trying to get to get to sleep no-one's really said my name.

It's called a hypnagogic hallucination and it's very common. I sometimes hear doors banging when I'm half-asleep and it sounds completely real. It's not a symptom of psychosis, you'll be pleased to know. It is, however, associated with narcolepsy (in a very small proportion).

When I try to sleep, regularly I will feel as though lights are shining on my eyes.

It can range from it seeming like the light in the hall is creeping through the door, to feeling like someone is shining a torch in my eyes.

I can feel my pupils change to adjust to it.

I think it started when I used to sleep with my laptop on sleep, and it used to flash in the dark, and I noticed I could sense when it was flashing with my eyes closed, and I'd open them when I thought the light was on and it was off, and it would come on momentarily after.

It's weird and sometimes annoying, but it's cool. I call it 'the light show', lol.

I sometimes have this weird image/scene in my head, it's normally when i'm ill, but I try to go to sleep and I feel like i'm sinking through the bed, and I imagine these like bubbles/balloons, made of fat or something, and they swallow each other and push each other into a room and squash against the walls and I feel my head tighten up and I start to shake. It's so so weird, but I used to get this quite a lot when I was ill with being sick or whatever around 5 years ago but now it's not as intense at all.

I can't even explain it well at all but all I remember is feel like im suffocating and muy head feels enlarged. Weird or what. Around 5 years ago again when I was feeling ill I used to hear this re-occuring voice in my head that went "this day this day this day that day this day" sooooo weird! I'm perfectly normal now though, apart from the off anxiety attack!

This happens to my bird

I get that too actually, not necessarily someone saying my name but generally as I'm drifting off to sleep, suddenly banging awake because it feels like something was said to me. But like you say I quickly realise it was through my mind rather than through my ears.

This happens to me.

On the bed sinking thing, if you have seen trainspotting when Renton sinks into that bed, that happened to me after mulling some pot soaked in methadone, I was so wasted I thought well maybe I wont wake up in the morning but was too wasted to do anything so thought 'Oh well' but I did wake up in the morning and all was ok.

Which was nice.

Not quite sure what the f**k that has to do with the original post but hey ho.