New Rockman Prototype! Edit: Geo

G_!

the point where the front bashplate mount is welded to the DT and the Hyrdoforming forms a corner looks like it could be weak spot; especially as the DT will be under tension most of the time..

I've got to disagree with this statement, i agree that it could be a weak point, but only for the simple fact that they've welded the bash mount on there.

Corners really only cause a problem if they come to a sharp point, and they look quite smooth to me.

Not trying to support rockmans choices btw, dont really like the frame myself.

Would be nice if rockman had gone out of their way to make the tubes, but it seems that most companies prefer the old catalog approach these days.

Cheers,

Josh.

Oh, and I think it should be called the humpty dumpty.

I have a 26" version of this frame at home. It was made for Neil Tunni before he decided to stay with Zoo.

The frame looks pretty cool and I think its nice to see something a little different but I'm sure Ali will disagree....... I believe the frames have just been made for testing pruposes, Rockman wanted to see how tubes shaped like this would hold up.

As for "Rockman being a rude company" they're pretty busy over in Singapore and just because they dont reply to every kid and his dog that ask for sponsorship it does not make them rude. Rockman isnt a massive company and they do their best to reply to emails promptly.

The frame looks pretty cool and I think its nice to see something a little different but I'm sure Ali will disagree.......

little harsh..

I know it's tricky to make frames different, but these tubes don't look like they have taken much advantage of hydroforming, They could have made the tubes join so there is more contact between them to make things stiffer or something, as it stands they are just weird shaped tubes with more chance of cracking. I think it could have been pulled off better that's all. Maybe if the downtube was the other way round, perhaps the two tubes could be welded for most of their length untill the tube tapers away, that would look different and make the front end stiffer too.

this is the most beautiful frame I've had, i don't care what think the people, in person that looks awesome and i dont want other frame.

the people who is giving shit on it could do it better? nah, speak is very easy