Custom Aluminium Frames

Rob Leech

300 seems awesome for that sort of control over your own design. Would you be doing some sort of breakage warranty with them or even a repair service? I'd rather the guy who made the frame re weld it and treat it if it did have a fail.

I would more than likely write something up, sort of a manufacture warranty.

A repair would be possible, but the problem with aluminium is that you cant re-treat it after its been treated. It would be basically like re-welding the whole frame and just giving it back, IE re-treatment would soften it.

BUT, i have done quite a few repairs in the past that have been just fine for quite a considerable time.

I would have to put a limit on it, obviously. A battered year old frame that finally gives up wouldn't be worth the bother in my eyes.

Problem with that is if people are choosing something that isn't suited to their needs problems will arise.

This would also have to be put in writing ^^^ But i'd of thought if you're wanting a custom frame that you'd normally base it on something your comfortable with.

Cheers for all the comments peeps, very big help,

Josh.

I'd happily pay up to £700 for a custom aluminium frame provided i got what i wanted with superior customer service and aftercare.

No come on, that's more than Triton where you get superior customer service and don't need any aftercare :P You had one, didn't you?

We get custom frames over here, they're about 200 quid. The only problem is that they're really custom as in you order a custom design and then they apply custom changes to it. The result is a frame which somewhat resembles what you wanted.

No come on, that's more than Triton where you get superior customer service and don't need any aftercare :P You had one, didn't you?

We get custom frames over here, they're about 200 quid. The only problem is that they're really custom as in you order a custom design and then they apply custom changes to it. The result is a frame which somewhat resembles what you wanted.

Mielec? Is much made by them any more? Not knowingly seen anything from them in a while, shy of the Heatsink 24uks (in terms of trials kit, anyway)

What's the score with the Koxx frames?

"Please note that this frame comes with a 6 month warranty covering manufacturing and materials defects. Damage incurred from collisions and impacts with obstacles may have a negative effect on the outcome of any warranty claim."

just saying, im looking to buy a new custom frame next year and have been looking for options and want one thats aluminium, so if build quality is good i would be more than happy to be a customer at £300+, definately get back with some more info on build quality and a company name ;) will probably be in contact with you shortly or next year some time :P

chris

"Please note that this frame comes with a 6 month warranty covering manufacturing and materials defects. Damage incurred from collisions and impacts with obstacles may have a negative effect on the outcome of any warranty claim."

In all fairness, have you ever heard of a Koxx frame that was replaced under warranty? They even make their team riders pay for frames they snap :S