Warhammer/40K

Little Yoshi

Used to paint years and years ago when I was 12/13 ish but never bothered with the games, just enjoyed painting.

Still got all mine boxed up in my dads loft, mostly space orks and stuff but the odd few space marines, chaos marines and terminators in there. Bought some about 3-4 years ago to try and get back into it but never really got round to it. Might dig some bits out and do some at work as I've got loads of time to pass in here when I'm not trolling the forum!

Collected Space Wolves when I was 13-15 and amassed a relatively large army, enough to pick out a very well tailored 1000-1500point army. I believe it's all up in my loft now, wonder what they're worth...

I used to play alot about 16-18 years ago now, started with adeptus titanicus/spacemarine (now epic40k), moved onto 40k eventually collected ork, chaos (tzeentch & slaanesh), space wolves and tyranids. Could put together a 10k army with the orks and chaos and tyranids. Also played spacehulk, necromunda and bloodbowl amongst others.

I think 90% of my stuff is round an old mates in his parents loft, should really get it back at some point :)

I used to play alot about 16-18 years ago now, started with adeptus titanicus/spacemarine (now epic40k), moved onto 40k eventually collected ork, chaos (tzeentch & slaanesh), space wolves and tyranids. Could put together a 10k army with the orks and chaos and tyranids. Also played spacehulk, necromunda and bloodbowl amongst others.

I think 90% of my stuff is round an old mates in his parents loft, should really get it back at some point :)

You should some of that would be worth a fair bit if you wanted to sell it.

I might try and dig some stuff out for pics, I was ok at painting but one of my mates brothers was immense. He actually did a scene including modelling parts of buildings for his gcse, absolutely owned!

Did anyone ever play hero quest or get any of the trolls and gobbos board games that used to come with audio cassettes of dodgy songs? I've still got all mine of them, pretty funny when you listen back to some of it, honest!

I think i would have actually enjoyed Warhammer more if they didn't change the rules every 5 minutes. Used to wind me up.

I used to randomly collect different stuff. But was a Tyranid fan really, and the Genestealer race with half human/ genestealer people. Whatever they're called, i forget.

People gonna post some pics?!

and were there actually any computer games that were any good? I only ever played Spacehulk. But that was time ago..

Edited by eskimo

Never really played the games except one that came free with my PSP a couple of years ago which was terrible.

Seems strange there were no real exceptional games as there's so much potential throughout the different genres. If I get chance I might try and get into my dads loft and dig a few bits out to photo, just googled to try and find a pic of the old 40k Orc battle wagon I have and the standard of detail in the painting and custom modification of some of the stuff about nowadays is absolutely outstanding!

Mine was the same model as this started as but oh so bad in comparison!

UK%201991%2040kvehicle%202%20Adrian%20Wink.jpg

Seems strange there were no real exceptional games as there's so much potential throughout the different genres.

There's a series of RTS games called Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War, which are/were pretty sweet when released - with Dawn of War II: Retribution being the current one out.

Also, there's a third person shooter coming out soon under the title of Warhammer 40k: Space Marine which is looking to be pretty good.

They need to release an updated game version of space hulk, not a half arsed generic shooter. Something with at least a modicum of tactical play and a decent learning curve would be nice, also the addition of a map/mission editor :)

• 1 month later...

Bit of a nerdy bump :D

Went to collect my warhammer40k stuff from over my folks/mates last night, I had forgotten exactly how much I had collected :blink:

Unfortunately it would appear that my spacewolf army is missing a fair amount of miniatures (it was never my main army though), likewise for my orks. However my tyranid and chaos armies are pretty damn big (both about 80-90 man strong) and mostly complete so Im happy, they were the last I collected so in turn the best painting I did; will have to get some photos up later.

As an additional bonus I found a copy of spacehulk that I dont remember ever owning, I think I got it from a lad at uni 12 years ago. Also picked up all my old citadel paints, amazingly enough most of them are still liquid and perfectly good to use after 15 years of not being touched!