Low Weight Wheels For Cannondale Ashton?

LifeTrials

I went on a bike with bulbs a while back. May have been XC's, but I'm reasonably sure they were bulbs, and the lack of engagements was crippling. Seriously worth going for a ProII on the rear.

XCs/monos had 24 and bulbs had 36 if i remember correctly. Agree with getting a pro2T.

Cheers folks. I've got some Hope XC hubs already. So I could keep them but I'd get better engagement with Bulbs or Pro2's eh?

D521's sound like the way fwd.

Do people grind them?

Either keep the xcs or get a pro2t. No point going middle ground with the bulb really. Pro2ts are a much better hub (stronger axle, better bolts, better bearings aside from twice the engagement) so if you can get one on the rear I'd recommend it. Keep the xc front though.

D521s hold grinds really well :)

• Like 1

Bulbs aren't good for trials. Didn't they have a titanium freehub?

I ran a bulb years back and it was nothing but trouble. Trials ended it's life as a fully functional hub. The pro2 however has never brough me anything other than joy. If you're buying - buy a pro 2, if you've got XC's i'd be inclined to use 'em, but i wouldn't shell out for bulbs.

Also D521's got to go down as one of the best rims ever made. I run them on my other bikes and used to run them for trials in the days frames would be compatible with them and they've been consistanly great.

If you're lucky enough to be able to run them - then DO!

Either keep the xcs or get a pro2t. No point going middle ground with the bulb really. Pro2ts are a much better hub (stronger axle, better bolts, better bearings aside from twice the engagement) so if you can get one on the rear I'd recommend it. Keep the xc front though.

D521s hold grinds really well :)

Great useful answer - cheers mate!!