Petrol Powered Kettcar Go-Kart.

Dan6061

Guys, I have a plan...

298001_10150779415585317_591170316_20404812_6201333_n.jpg

How hard could it be?

I know it can be done, various Youtube videos have proved this.

I'm thinking it's just a case of mouting the engine, making up throttle/brake pedals, and mounting the large cog onto the rear axle. Plan is to fit the MiniMoto wheels to it too so it grips...

Should be fun :)

• Like 1

DO IT! If you have the means necessary that is.

How hard can it be?

Answer: Quite

I still have a 50cc honda engine left from a failed project that was similar to this, but hopefully you'll have more luck! (Y)

P.S. Anyone want a honda GX160 engine with a centrifugal clutch by any chance? :P

Go all out and get an 80cc engine :)

I think it was mrmotivator whos attached one to his road bike

Yup It was. I know it's not a go kart but itts still attaching an engine to something stupidly light and unsafe. Which is 10/10 in my eyes!

Edited by dann2707

80cc? f**k that, get a YZ490 engine in there! In the original bike they wheelie off the throttle in top gear, and they're aircooled so no need to worry about that.

Despise one-uppers :P but i heart you.

I was only thinking 80cc as it looks the same form factor as the 50cc so.youd get more power and wouldnt sacrifice anymore space that you practically dont have anyway...

80cc? f**k that, get a YZ490 engine in there! In the original bike they wheelie off the throttle in top gear, and they're aircooled so no need to worry about that.

I think your gravely overestimating the capability of the chassis in question here :P

Iolo and myself did it (well, Iolo did, I just tagged along for the ride). Worked pretty well, though the chain did fall off a few times and the kart was so small it was hard to actually fit on (plus it tended to roll quite easily).

I think your gravely overestimating the capability of the chassis in question here :P

It'll be fineeee, personally I'd go for a CR500 engine. Means mounting the rad and rebuilding it more often, but it'd be worth it.

Edited by Muel

I think the Minimoto engine will be poweful enough. ;)

There's a disused carpark near where I live which makes the perfect little racetrack! Been riding the minimoto round there with my mates.

I think the hardest part is connecting the cog to the axle, and fitting the minimoto wheels to it. Or we could make an axle up for it... I don't think the standard plastic wheel will be up to much...

• 1 month later...

Haha! It used to be the case of the dodgier the better, I've sent a few other mad projects down that road before. This motor has actually seized at top speed before along that very road (limiter is bypassed) sending me f*cking flying off road backwards into a pile of mud, could so easily have been a rock. giggle.gif