Is 16 To Late To Start Trials?

Crazy Drummer

I'm 23 and have had about a 6 year break from riding any bike just got my onza t-bird and have found pallets now I'm having great fun almost every night after a hard days work as a builder/groundworker. i get a good nights sleep and look forward to the end of the day to ride again. so 16 is defo not too old

• 4 months later...

I 've been riding motor trials since 1986, BMX since 1980

I bought my 8yr old an onza rip at xmas, I want to ride with him, so an echo 26 is on the cards for me.

I still ride my restored Hutch Trickstar

Biking is in my blood, age wont stop me having fun, well not yet anyways.

I'm 42

I started at 15, rode for about a year or two, then gave up. I then started again 4months ago (at 20) and in the past 4months ive progressed more than I did in those first 2 years! I dont think age means anything really. Everytime I ride I try to go a little bit bigger, as long as you do this you'll pick it up in no time :)

I just think to myself whats the worst thats gonna happen, in most cases its a shin dig or sore ass and within 5mins your back up and trying it again, just remember always wear a helmet!

Ive also found that by filming everytime I ride I get a good idea of my improvements, this stops you getting disheartened and keeps you motivated to go bigger and better.

It's hardly a stupid statement. It's come from a lot of logic and fact. A great theory that may not apply to everyone.

Based on the evidence of people starting riding at 40-50 in this thread, I think that the fact part of your statement is pretty flawed. Yep, it'll probably be harder to learn at that age, but it doesn't mean you can't. Factually and logically, you can start trying to learn to ride trials at absolutely any age. At 80, though, it might be the thing that kills you.

The fact ( ;) ) that your body is in nowhere near as good a shape at 40 compared to 20 is what I was thinking really. That's why I said it's a good theory but not necessarily right. If someone was amazingly good starting at 40, think how much better they could have been starting at 20.

have a look at that video i have just put up with volume

Is he better than Tra or Damon Watson? I doubt it. I'm not saying he isn't good. I'm saying he can't be as good as someone younger and fitter.

of course not but my point is you said its not suitable to start between 40-50 and to be honest he is a good rider at 51

Is he better than Tra or Damon Watson? I doubt it. I'm not saying he isn't good. I'm saying he can't be as good as someone younger and fitter.

of course not but my point is you said its not suitable to start between 40-50 and to be honest he is a good rider at 51