Am I Sad For Sitting In Front Of A Computer Screen All Night On A Week

mrlynch

Learn something, then you wont feel useless, that's how I see it anywaywhistling.gif

My excuse is that I can't be arsed to sleep.

Can't be arsed to sleep :lol:

My excuse is probably splitting up with my girlfriend after 3 years blah blah blah not going to get all soft, and the weather stopping me riding earlier :angry:

Definitely need to get out tomorrow though, this is no good!

Would it be terrible to just say yes?

No-one's allowed to mention the irony of course.

Haha, i honestly wouldn't blame you for saying yes.

Especially since I'm still sat here an hour and a half after posting this truly terrible topic.

Edited by mrlynch

So here I am, sitting on front of a bloody computer screen all Saturday night and I feel like a right NERD.

Bored out my mind.

Surely i'm not the only one in this position...

:closedeyes:

So come on, lets have your excuses...

I feel exactly the same. When the weather is bad I can hardly be bothered playing games, playing keyboard, learning stuff, or even watching tv. Instead, I just sit here staring at my laptop.

It's occurred to me that much of this lack of motivation can come from the people around you. If they don't do much, then you don't either. I guess if I really wanted to I could achieve much more, but it would definitely help to have more motivated people around me.

I feel bad for saying it, but I think I need new friends. :ermm: People that'll challenge me to learn new things etc.

If I hadn't started trials this summer I would've achieved f*ck all.

I'm actually looking forward to uni this year because it'll force me to achieve more.

• 4 weeks later...

Im getting a bit sick of doing this now. seems like everynight now i end up.on the pc before i.go to bed. I need a hobby. Might start up at a gym.

Well, if you're sat in front of a PC all night, why not do something constructive with it? Create a website, learn a programming language, start a small business?

And your small business could be dedicated to helping people who sit in front of their computer all night.

Try to read some books maybe? Clean your room so it's nice and tidy for when you get up in the morning? There's not that much one can do at this time of day actually. That's what I've been doing ever since I'm stuck at home.

If that was aimed at me greetings my room is always spotless. I have a bit of a weird habit of keeping it almost unused at times :(

Learning some computery stuff would be epic, i'd love to become really good at photoshop. I already know the basics and shortcuts etc but i'd love to be able to manipulate photos without the aid of an internet walkthrough step by step sort of thing.

Sitting in front of a PC (in the personal computing sense of the word...) all night is weirdly my way of getting away from the fact I sit in front of a PC all day. I have a problem...

Worse when you do it all day at work, come home and then do it some more simply because you have nothing better to do.

the only reason I sit on the net all night is to catch up with tv programs if missed because my step dad NEVER gets off the sofa!

I've spend the last few Saturday night in. its killed me not going out. feel like im missing out of the crack! but i just end up pissed and spending too much, then eat shit!!

I go out and ride trials, come in and go on a forum about trials, I sometimes think its a bit nerdy and sad, like some of my friends are out clubbing and having a good time with their night (provided its Friday, Saturday or holiday etc..) although I'm not old enough to go out clubbing yet, I could ring other people and go out with them, doing other things, but instead I go out, ride alone and enjoy it more.

I don't think its sad, I just see it as a cult thing, as gay as it sounds I feel I have some sort of loyalty to keep with this forum, although I'm not well known on here, and I might just be seen as one of the however many members on here that just contributes in their own little way with comments here and there, i like to think I'm helping a small community grow and develop in a small way, where i can express myself to people i don't know and be comfortable with it, Tf seems like a big safe haven of the internet for me, everyone seems nice on here (bar the odd fanny's) and I'm glad to be a part of it :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...