9/11

Sprog!

I remember I was working in Safeway at the time and one of the old guys who did odd jobs like collecting trolleys told me about it. Problem was he had a really strong scouse accent so I had no idea what he was on about whatsoever till I got home and saw it on the news!

Now is it wrong of me to be really amazed at watching actual footage of the plane crashing into one of the towers?

I remember I was working in Safeway at the time and one of the old guys who did odd jobs like collecting trolleys told me about it. Problem was he had a really strong scouse accent so I had no idea what he was on about whatsoever till I got home and saw it on the news!

Now is it wrong of me to be really amazed at watching actual footage of the plane crashing into one of the towers?

No it's not wrong at all, i was amazed at all the incidents that happened on the day to be fair (Y)

I do have my doubts, as people that have proved things like explosions before the plane hit and things like wise have been mysteriously killed or been in fatal accidents....

Of course it was an act of terror, but who the terrorists are is the question. The evidence that I have seen of a conspiracy far outweighs and makes more sense then the official report, which also left out many important factors and failed to explain their own theories. I have also seen some very poor debunking efforts that were again proven wrong by the "truthers" (especially with the thermite/thermate debate). Some of the conspiracy theories about 9/11 do get a bit silly though, but people like Richard Gage makes a alot of sense to me. He never really makes any specualtion about who he believes is behind it either. He just says that there needs too be a better, independent investigation, which I agree with. He points out all the things that don't add up with all the evidence and shares theories that do.

9/11 is the only conspiracy theory I have ever really believed and taken interest in (I don't wear a foil hat). And although I agree with most of it, I still don't like to believe it is a conspiracy. I guess to me, it's a scarier thought then the idea of terrorists being behind it. The fact that the BBC found around half of the supposed hijackers still alive and that there was never any hard evidence that Bin Laden was behind the attacks doesn't help with that though.

RIP to all who died. Conspiracy or not, it was still a horrible day with a tragic amount of lives lost and still being lost with health issues of people there that day.

no doubt in my mind that its one massive cover up

This

RIP to all who died. Conspiracy or not, it was still a horrible day with a tragic amount of lives lost and still being lost with health issues of people there that day.

and this.

There was a programme on 9/11 recently about the conspiracy, anyone else see it?

Just putting this out there, was in the news paper yesterday: http://www.metro.co.uk/news/874946-9-11-premonition-artwork-drawn-13-years-before-attacks

I was quite young.. i must have been 6 when it happened but i remember having a 'picnic' in the lounge with my dad watching the news about it.

Did anyone atall survive from inside either building?

Edited by Laurence--Trials

No-one knows for certain if any piece of information is fact really, but I know someone who's pretty high up in the British army's intelligence thingy, who works closely with MI5 or 6, (can't remember which). He told us on the day about the plan they shot down and covered up, then had to ring up and tell us not to tell anyone because it was all a big secret.

The basic facts of it being a terrorist act performed by Bin Laden and his crew were true according to him, but as for the details I've either forgotten or never remembered.

There was a programme on 9/11 recently about the conspiracy, anyone else see it?

Did anyone atall survive from inside either building?

Was it called something like 'the conspiracy files'? If it is then yeah I watched that. I didn't think it was very good though. They just seemed to say the theories were wrong and not back their claims up very well.

Only a few survived inside the towers when they collapsed.

No-one knows for certain if any piece of information is fact really, but I know someone who's pretty high up in the British army's intelligence thingy, who works closely with MI5 or 6, (can't remember which). He told us on the day about the plan they shot down and covered up, then had to ring up and tell us not to tell anyone because it was all a big secret.

The basic facts of it being a terrorist act performed by Bin Laden and his crew were true according to him, but as for the details I've either forgotten or never remembered.

I would personally feel better knowing that it was shot down if it really was. I don't see why they would want to cover that up. As horrible as it sounds... If a hijacked plane threatens to cause greater death and distruction then shooting it down would, I would feel more protected knowing that the authorities would take that step and shoot it down to prevent a greater incident from happening. For example is all four planes were shot down on 9/11, only the passengers and hijackers would have died. Instead of nearly 3,000 in the towers, the ones in the pentagon, the ones with the heath issues from the dust, the passengers and the hijackers who would have died wither way.

If it was a conspiracy and he knew about it, I don't think he would be stupid enough to spill the beans about it not being Bin Laden. As that would be one of the most destructive news to expose the conspiracy.

I don't even want to watch those documentaries because they'll plant ideas in my mind. (I watched Inception last night)

But seriously, I don't feel I can believe what anyone says about 9/11. I want to keep an open mind about the whole thing, at least until some hard evidence is given.

Well we all know the US got a nice little war out of it, at a time when no one wanted a war.

What's a few thousand dead consumers compared to the huge profits the entire US is set to make by having this war?

As if someone is ever going to stand up and admit this was their decision laugh.gif

This award winning documentary gives a great insight into how corporations and politicians (mainly in the US) control the population, i.e you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyPzGUsYyKM

It is then easier to see how ingrained into us this stuff is and how we got into this situation.

Edited by casualjoe

I question people intelligence if they REALLY believe the whole thing was a cover up.

Really? Do you not find any of it at all fishy? And for example; Is all the evidence of explosives and eye witness accounts of explosions not at all relevant, especially the reports of the ones that went off in the basements moments before the planes hit?

Like I said in my post earlier, i'm not 100% sure on anything. But too me it seems very suspicious, enough so too have some doubts and too question it.

EDIT: I ask because all you have done is called people stupid without backing up your claim with anything and not really contributed to the discussion. I think it will be interesting to hear some views of the people that believe what the government have told them without any doubts.

Edited by Mikee

Really? Do you not find any of it at all fishy? And for example; Is all the evidence of explosives and eye witness accounts of explosions not at all relevant, especially the reports of the ones that went off in the basements moments before the planes hit?

Like I said in my post earlier, i'm not 100% sure on anything. But too me it seems very suspicious, enough so too have some doubts and too question it.

EDIT: I ask because all you have done is called people stupid without backing up your claim with anything and not really contributed to the discussion. I think it will be interesting to hear some views of the people that believe what the government have told them without any doubts.

I won't go into every little detail because it's 1.24am and I should really be in bed....but...

The explosives in the building theory......to me that's one of the most unlikely things that people claim to have happened.

To demolish a building, a LOT of work has to be done, firstly you actually have to be able to have direct access to all the main structural pillars on every single floor, drill deep holes in them, pack the explosives and then wire in the few kilometres of wiring. Don't forget also that the buildings had people in 24-7, to rig both buildings with enough explosives to bring them down would take weeks. To manage all that without one of the thousands of people who would have used the building within that time would be very very very unlikely. The odds against someone not finding out would be so high, no "corporation" would ever think of it as a viable idea.

I hear people say "look, you can see the floors blowing up as the building falls". If you have thousands of tons of building falling in on lower floors, where is the air going to go? There would be more than enough air pressure created to easily blow out the windows/walls.

Some people say that Thermite could have been used on the main pillars/beams, but you would need so much of it that it would be logistically impossible to implement.

I had not heard the "bombs in the basement" theory before. I don't know what happens when a plane hits a building and before the twin towers attack, I am pretty sure not many other people did either.

My first thought is this: Buildings that tall are not super rigid structures, they even flex in strong winds. I could imagine that when a few hundred tonnes of plane hits such a tall building so high up, it could cause it to flex more than perhaps the structure was designed, perhaps the forces of flexing was transferred into the supports in the basement causing some failure. As I said I had not head about people claiming there were bombs in the basement so I don't know what people are using as evidence and my above theory is just that....a theory.

People say that "jet fuel isn't hot enough to melt the main beams". That may well be true, but as most riders know, frames are never quite as strong if they get re-welded, metal that has been heated but not treated again is never as strong. The same goes with the building, you don't need to melt through them to cause failure, heating them up and removing the careful heat treatment process they went through before being put in the building would be more than enough to cause failure. Even if the heat only caused a slight twist, there is still hundreds if not thousands of tonnes of building above the now weakened section, the building could not support the weight and it collapsed on itself. It had a lot of momentum and continued to collapse the rest of the weakened building.

That's my take on the whole "bombs in the building".

• Like 3