Simoncelli - R.i.p.

G_!

..how the f**k was it Rossi's fault Colin would have hit him anyway and it wasn't his fault either that was a total freak accident nobodys fault

Rossi ran over his neck..

BOOM.jpg

Ok so maybe the joke was a low blow, but lets get things into perspective here over 1800 soldiers died in Afganistan, not to mention the millions dying of poverty. He knew the risks but he continued to ride unsafely and beyond his limits.

I knew Rossi was competitive but I didn't think he would take it that far!

You need a good slap.

Edit: Rant deleted, just typing it out was enough, now, not the time or place.

R.I.P. Marco, thoughts with those he's left behind.

Edited by shamus
  • Like 1

go that wide and come flying in at them like that

Just to clarify that, Marco had lost it but he was trying to get it back upright and by doing that the tyres continued to grip rather than slide out as you would expect and at that point he had no control over the direction of the bike. If he'd just let the bike slide out initially he would still be here today, but the point is he was a racer through and through and so was trying to salvage the situation and continue. In the end that raw racing instinct cost him his life.

That accident was pretty butal, I have never heard of him before but he seems pretty popular, RIP.

What actually killed him? Was it a broken neck or head trauma from the helmet coming off? I don't want to sound disrespectful but I am a little curious.

What actually killed him? Was it a broken neck or head trauma from the helmet coming off? I don't want to sound disrespectful but I am a little curious.

They haven't released any real details. I think it was a bit of everything- massive internal trauma from being hit at high speed by Edwards and Rossi, the head trauma after his helmet came off and potentially neck trauma if Rossi did actually ride over him (which I din't think he did from the initial video angles). I have a feeling that the initial report that came in saying he was conscious may have been incorrect. The first reports say that when the medics got to him he was in cardiac arrest. He may well have been effectively dead before he stopped sliding.

Just to clarify that, Marco had lost it but he was trying to get it back upright and by doing that the tyres continued to grip rather than slide out as you would expect and at that point he had no control over the direction of the bike. If he'd just let the bike slide out initially he would still be here today, but the point is he was a racer through and through and so was trying to salvage the situation and continue. In the end that raw racing instinct cost him his life.

yeah i know that i said it was noones fault :S no man could have recovered that bike it was out of control

• Like 1

yeah i know that i said it was noones fault :S no man could have recovered that bike it was out of control

Yeah I know, it's just the way it was worded sounded like you were saying Simoncelli had accidentally run a bit wide and was then intentionally scything back in to retake the racing line. Just clarifying for others who didn't see it.

I don't get what he was doing gliding across the track? I've only seen youtube videos of the same clip over but the two riders coming around the corner and it looks like he's already leant over on his bike like already fallen over?

See a couple of posts up- Marco had already lost the bike and was trying (and failing unfortunately) to recover. The bike gripped but Marco had effectively fallen off the side of the thing and had no control, bringing him into the path of Edwards and Rossi.

See a couple of posts up- Marco had already lost the bike and was trying (and failing unfortunately) to recover. The bike gripped but Marco had effectively fallen off the side of the thing and had no control, bringing him into the path of Edwards and Rossi.

Cheers for not being a fanny (Y).

Pretty bad that :(

I don't get what he was doing gliding across the track? I've only seen youtube videos of the same clip over but the two riders coming around the corner and it looks like he's already leant over on his bike like already fallen over?

i'm crap at explaining thing but he went really wide and 99/100 he would have lost the bike from under him and he would have safely slid off the track, from what i remember the wheels never fully came off the ground so he was still moving at full race speed with no chance of getting the bike back up and was totally helpless to do anything and Rossi and Edwards being thre was just bad luck :( i'm not going to rewatch it and only saw 1 angle so thats the best i can do

• Like 1

from what i remember the wheels never fully came off the ground so he was still moving at full race speed with no chance of getting the bike back up and was totally helpless to do anything and Rossi and Edwards being thre was just bad luck :(

He was trying to keep the bike upright and bring it back. An example of what might've happened with far more room and no Rossi/Edwards to collide with: