I Need Medical Advice!

Boumsong

There's a fantastic new revelation in the way we live our lives! It's the NHS! People who spent thousands of pounds and years of their lives learning how to fix you, help fix you, completely free of charge (Almost.)

Sorry for the sarcasm, but my first thought was Meningitis, but I have no idea what it looks like, where it is etc etc. Go to a Doctor, they'll not only tell you what it is, but how to fix it, if not actually giving you something to fix it.

• Like 3

Yeah..Sitting in a crowded, hot, Aids smelling waiting room for 17 hours catching more death and diseases, that sounds like just what I need.

Effort taking the time off work to get to the doctors anyway.. I figured the internet could provide all the answers I need..I bet all the answers the doctor would give me are online somewhere anyway.

I'm not sure where you live, but I've never encountered a waiting room like that. And your immune system must be atrocious if you can't fight off a few bugs that you might come across in a waiting room.

Even so, while the internet may have all your answers, in the same way a library would, if you've got AIDS, you're going to need to head on down to the doctors anyway, so why not kill 2 birds with one stone.

Boumsong - out of hours doctor, find the number for your local one. Ring it and they'll ring back and diagnose (if they can) from symptons being described. Typically with a rash/physical injury they'll give you an appointment, usually 'as soon as you can get here if you like'. This can be at almost any time of day all you have to do is get there (in Plymouth, this is at the hospital anyway). head straight in, get checked out, problem on the way to being resolved. And aboslutely no waiting around!

After 22 years of never having an allergic reaction to anything I had a massive one which caused redness, itching and swelling on my back, arms, legs, groin, abdomen and chest. It started about 3 in the afternoon and by 9pm was unbearable. Rang up, drove in, they gave me some weird antihistamine steriod cream, was all gone withing 24hrs.

Edited by shamus

Go and see a doctor. Failing that pictures will help but even with a picture the only advice I'd ever give would still be 'go to see a doctor'. Most GP surgeries have out-of-hours sessions to accommodate those with jobs. Did you even ask them? In case you were wondering, A+E is not the place for your rash...

Well then I feel natural selection should be allowed to run its course and kill those who are not willing to learn.

You're voting for death by rash, because he took the chance of not wasting a doctors time? Possibly a little extreme... I'm sure that if it was causing him discomfort he's probably go see a doc, but I'm pretty sure I'd probably be doing the same as him if it was just 'odd marks' and didn't actually effect my life. Till summer at least...

That sort of stuff is exactly what GPs are for, you're certainly not wasting anyone's time. Malignant Melanomas are just 'odd marks' until they kill you. An extreme example of course but things like that are worth going to your GP for. The only people that are going to get annoyed at you for wasting their time are A+E doctors. Some people can't be bothered to book in at the GP so they just rock up to the Emergency Department with a rash they've had for weeks.

I'm going +1 the 'go to the doctor' and also what Tomm said about definitely NOT going to A+E, and how this is exactly what your local GP is for. I've been to mine a few times relatively recently with minor skin conditions, which weren't a big deal, but I still wanted rid of. They never accused me of wasting time, or implied it at all, just gave me a cream/advice and it went away nice and quick.