Snobike - V1

wally

Well...basically what happened its... Me and Arron (Todge on here) were bored one Friday night, we dreamt up this concept, did a quick sketch, then built it the following day!

We thought we would be proactive and prepare for snowy conditions early this year.

SnoBike is fitted with Solamon 'Big Air' snow blades, bungee tensioners and knurled stunt pegs for extra snow grip. We are quite pleased with our centre pegs which are completely home made, and bolted through where the BB used to be using the old BMX cups. The whole thing cost me around £35 in total, most of it consists of bits I had lying around in the shed.

Im so chuffed with how the whole thing turned out!

post-3858-0-12922600-1325094058_thumb.jp

post-3858-0-78034300-1325094124_thumb.jp

post-3858-0-94046700-1325094208_thumb.jp

We aim to make a fleet, V2 it going to be a trials spec one, obvoiusly lighter and without stunt pegs :turned:

Edited by wally
  • Like 7

Is there any reason why you don't have cranks? Surely for a bike rider the more natural position is to have one foot ahead of the other?

Have you ever stood/sat on a bike with cranks fitted whilst the chain isn't connected, it's absolutely awful with the lack of resistance. Oh and lack of ground clearance in this situation :P

Edited by dann2707

I dare say the blades are K2 not Solomon ;)

looks pretty cool, would love to have a go on one of those! :turned:

Just checked and you are correct sir! Haha I know nothing about skis!

Is there any reason why you don't have cranks? Surely for a bike rider the more natural position is to have one foot ahead of the other?

We did think about it, like you say the natural position for a rider is one foot in front of the other, but we decided to keep it simple, plus the people who will be using it have varying feet forward styles.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...