The Car Thread

MadManMike

Lous doing well then...... :-

Seriously though, fair play changing cars regularly, I'm not really bothered about that at all, I've gone through my fair share, it's just when every time you go "oh no, this ones one's hear to stay" and "this car's definitely the best example/fastest thing ever/best car ever made." that it gets a bit tedious. I mean it wasn't long ago you were saying you had no problem waiting till September to get your geo done because you'd definitely have the car, and haven't you ordered some fancy intake that'll be here next month or something?

Haha, good old Lou. Tbf she is such a f**king mental case that I couldn't leave her even if I wanted too. I might write a for sale advert for her, "suspect service history, one careful owner (and three not so careful), slight head problems (overheats etc), could do with a new exhaust" lol

Meh what's the point in keeping cars, I seem unable to keep cars because I get SO excited about new ones. I wanted an E36 a few months back when I bought the Clio, but I don't think "urgh wish I had of just bought one and not bothered with the Clio", I have not sold the Clio for any reason other thsn that I saw the E36 and couldn't say no. I am sure I can move the inlet on no problems, I am sure somebody will take my place on the group buy if I advertise.

I have learnt what I need to from the Clio, it has served it's purpose :)

Edited by Pashley26

It is a 318IS, M44 1.9 16V.

The deal was sealed when I jacked it up and spun the rear wheels, it has got a small case LSD which is a super rare factory option.

I will break even on the Clio eventually, I am £'s up from the sale of the car and will break even on the manifold.

Won't that BM be really slow? (I know bugger all about BMs)

Edit: Over 10s to 60? Didn't think you'd ever have a car like that Jardo! Still, a LOT of car for the cash :)

BUT, it goes sideways. VERY easily.

I will keep it standard and just smoke it about, I can't lose money on it.

As I said to Prawn last night, E30's have doubled in value in the last year. A good 328i E36 is a £3000 car now, a good 325i is a £2000 car now and as the other cars get more expensive demand for the smaller four cylinder BMW's will go up. They are much cheaper to run, insure and buy so they make sense if you can't afford to run a 6 pot. And as Bucky says they aren't THAT slow if you thrash them, they are nicely balanced too.

BUT, it goes sideways. VERY easily.

I will keep it standard and just smoke it about, I can't lose money on it.

And as Bucky says they aren't THAT slow if you thrash them, they are nicely balanced too.

Yeah, the sideways thing is definitely a good bonus! 5 year old £19-when-new tyres on the back are where it's at ;)

There is no way you will keep it standard :lol:

No really, it will feel painfully slow compared with your A3 and Clio...! Doesn't mean it can't be fun though, a well balanced car driven on the limit (whether that is 20mph or 120mph) will always put a smile on your face :)

lol George, ask Prawn I am literally a full on actual awesome drift star.

The big thing behind the BMW is I want to teach Lou a bit more car control, wet road BMW driving will be perfect for her.

Work won't let me take the car for 10 days until the log book comes back as being in the trade, but my feet are burning because I just want it now.

a well balanced car driven on the limit (whether that is 20mph or 120mph) will always put a smile on your face :)

I agree! It's when it's unbalanced at 120mph that that smile soon turns into a frown :(

lol George, ask Prawn I am literally a full on actual awesome drift star.

George: he really isn't. he's terrible. I'm as scared as you are!

• Like 3

A good 328i E36 is a £3000 car now, a good 325i is a £2000 car now

Whut?! No they're not! You can't shift big petrol engined cars for toffee at the minute and that's not going to improve unless the price of petrol drops dramatically! + E36's are at that magic age where they're all worthless!

Edited by Jolfa