The Car Thread

MadManMike

But then you'd be driving a civic type R :(

The search continues!

Don't worry I wouldn't! It was just for wonderings sake.

I've found a really nice Seat Ibiza Sport for super cheap however the guy says when the engine gets up to temp at idle it slightly misfires, says hes been told the wiring harness needs replacing. The car is £1000 less than what it should be, is there anything else it could be with these symptoms? I am really tempted to go out and buy it now for a fix me up project.

Ahh I see, fair enough! I know a lad from work who has the 1.4 16v sport. Really can't see the appeal myself. It's pretty slow, and only does about 40mpg if you tickle it everywhere.

I'm still saving as much as I can, but kind of resigned to the fact that it's going to be a year or so before I can afford to buy a car. :( Still, I'd rather wait and buy it outright rather than borrow money for it.

So it turns out that it's actually just a bolt that decided to go walkabout on the BMW. How do I find out what bolt it is without taking the one out the other side? Annoyingly the new strut I bought doesn't have one :(

Bolts snapped in there, so the small amount of time I've found to do this so far hasn't been enough to get it done, and now there's nowhere open to go get an easyout :( Ah well, hopefully tomorrow I'll get a chance before Airbourne at Eastbourne.

Eurgh my rocker cover gasket has decided to split. Oil now drips straight onto the nice hot manifold. Also the wire that plugs into to asc throttlebody comes off when you put your foot down. Leaving the asc forced On as default. Might try to bend the clips to hold it tight, or cut the cable and spade clip it on. Here is what I mean.post-24017-0-51056300-1376778047_thumb.j

Well found out what was causing my idling and revving issues...

Got in touch with Mark from BroTek in Edinburgh and he plugged in his VCDS.

Misfiring on three cylinders...3, 4 and 6

9537602906_ce14ecd1d2_b.jpg

...but the coil packs had been recalled which affected my model but the previous owner hadn't had the recall carried out.

A few calls to Audi and they sorted it out free of charge :dance:

Cheers Luke :) It is really nice getting into the car each time and it is that little bit better! It'll be nice when I get in after the 1.8T goes in... just need to find one for cheaps
I now have the rear panel in primer, there was lots of little chips and rust bubbles appearing! Treated them with Kurust as that is all I had to hand and it seems to work in previous experience, and now the back end is ready for a top coat. I'm going to rattle can it as I usually get decent results, although part of me keeps thinking that maybe I should get the spray gun out... i'll see what I can get tomorrow, it'll be getting a full respray at some point anyway!
2013-08-18173422_zps51e240ec.jpg

Cheers Luke :) It is really nice getting into the car each time and it is that little bit better! It'll be nice when I get in after the 1.8T goes in... just need to find one for cheaps
I now have the rear panel in primer, there was lots of little chips and rust bubbles appearing! Treated them with Kurust as that is all I had to hand and it seems to work in previous experience, and now the back end is ready for a top coat. I'm going to rattle can it as I usually get decent results, although part of me keeps thinking that maybe I should get the spray gun out... i'll see what I can get tomorrow, it'll be getting a full respray at some point anyway!
2013-08-18173422_zps51e240ec.jpg

fancy a 924 turbo engine for this?