The Car Thread

MadManMike

Got 4 tyres to include with it, a mate says I should try sell for 200-250 as they go for that without tyres....

But I'd be happy to accept 150 for them no idea how I'd go about postage though? One of the tyres has arch rub marks/cuts but I've driven with it like that half a year.

Went for a 4 wheel alignment, i specifically asked if they had the tools to do the 924/super beetle back end and they said yes.... They didn't and they also couldn't figure out how to adjust it anyway so just did the fronts. Facepalm.

Now to find some people who are competent and possibly buy/make the special tool, waste of £40 :(

If they said they had the tool and then didn't and weren't able to do the work, then surely you haven't received the service promised or paid for?! I certainly wouldn't have paid the full amount, if they couldn't do it should have let you know and not done anything. Unless you said "yeah do half a job"?

Fitted a new set of DS2500's today, bed them in

Brakes are fantastic now. f**k driving one of these on 312's.

Prawn took the car for a drive, used a gallon of my fuel in 14 miles. C unit.

I think he likes it. He needs training in driving an S3, he found flooring it at the corner entry slightly odd but pleasing. "Genuinely incredible" was the phrase he used.

Ordered a boost switch for the meth, so it is just on or off and not progressive. Enjoyable.

10455252_1496217013926808_72893278518398

Edited by Pashley26

Well my friend is definitely out for the time being :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tatmM2IH9E

I'm having second thoughts about taking part in a Czech rally in a few months, really risky stuff.

The reason for the above crash was an engine management issue, the car was running ~100bhp for much of the run (hence the lights) and then suddenly regained full power just before a sharp bend.