The Car Thread

MadManMike

Went to ECP to collect a service kit for the 924 and exhaust rubbers for the Astra (but they only had 3 in stock of the 6 I needed :( ). I got the rubbers fitted to the Astra anyway and it has made a big difference! I have ordered 3 more so hopefully that'll solve another issue.

I keep putting off ordering the timing belt, I should probably get that done next weekend as I haven't a clue when it was last done, it's a potential ticking financial time bomb...

Thought you guys might like to see my photos from this month's Avenue Club meet:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jolly-Good-Photography/317967944948992

Feel free to like my photography page if you feel like being kind and supporting my work ;)

10923201_768683309877451_536378403176951

The blurry guy with the beard, that'd be me ;) If I'd known you were there, or I'd paid a little more attention to the MX-5's I'd have said hello! I got a lift over in the gold Mitsubishi Colt/Sigma on slot-mags. It was a bloody good turn-out.

(P.S. Bollocks, just remembered I've got this idle valve in sat in the garrage waiting for me to remember to post it to you! PM me your address and I'll send it over if you still want it.)

(P.P.S. Some nice shots there, consider your page liked. I've tagged a few owners in some of the shots, hope that's alright?)

Edited by RobinJI

Single skin brick double garage, zero insulation, no side door, rented house so cant do much.

Best way to keep warm in winter? Gas/electric/hallogen/etc?

I thought about lining the whole thing with 25mm kingspan (which would have the added bonus of stopping brick dust on my cars but cost a few hundred) but would it really make much of any difference?

Having no side door is a massive pain as going in/out empties any heat.

Always wandered if my plate would be worth a wee bit being k20 dcr maby to the right person but wouldny sell it as goes well with the car.

Got it all back together today i have no indicators and car stays on with the lights on when i remove the keys bloody electrics. Also since am a neewbie havent left enough room for seat belts to go back on grrrr.

The blurry guy with the beard, that'd be me ;) If I'd known you were there, or I'd paid a little more attention to the MX-5's I'd have said hello! I got a lift over in the gold Mitsubishi Colt/Sigma on slot-mags. It was a bloody good turn-out.

(P.S. Bollocks, just remembered I've got this idle valve in sat in the garrage waiting for me to remember to post it to you! PM me your address and I'll send it over if you still want it.)

(P.P.S. Some nice shots there, consider your page liked. I've tagged a few owners in some of the shots, hope that's alright?)

Ah man I didn't know you were going - I go every month, so look out for the gang of MX's and you'll see me there :)

No worries about the valve, I do still need it though so whenever you get a minute. I'll PM my address in a bit, gotta do some work first.

Yep no probs, tag away!

I'm a fan of all 4 tyres being the same (no matter if they are crap or good), at least handling is then balanced / matched and you can swap wheels around or just buy one tyre if you need, but everyone is different!

As my wheels are staggared it's hard for my to get 4 matching :( even more so when I drop from 17's to 16's

I'm a fan of all 4 tyres being the same (no matter if they are crap or good), at least handling is then balanced / matched and you can swap wheels around or just buy one tyre if you need, but everyone is different!

Hmm maybe I should just move the rears to the front for the time being...

That's what I would do / have done in the past, at least you'll have all 4 dead at the same time then :)

Should you choose to do any handling mods in future you will then be in a better position to judge their effectiveness too (with 4 tyres all the same).

As my wheels are staggared it's hard for my to get 4 matching :( even more so when I drop from 17's to 16's

Hmm, haven't ever considered that, that sucks! Won't any BMW tyres fit / be close?

That's what I would do / have done in the past, at least you'll have all 4 dead at the same time then :)

Should you choose to do any handling mods in future you will then be in a better position to judge their effectiveness too (with 4 tyres all the same).

Hmm, haven't ever considered that, that sucks! Won't any BMW tyres fit / be close?

I currently run 215/40/17 F and 235/35/17 R and have khumo KU39's all round so BMW tyres aren't needed :) when I drop to 16's it'll be 205/45/16 and 225/45/16 so tyre choice is more limited.

Insurance company wants £250 for the swap over to the Fiesta.

Had a proper chance to look at it today before making the final call. Glad I'm not now.. for a Fiesta its solid but the drive is awful and the engine burns oil like its going out of fashion.

Just forked out nearly £140 for 4 rear track/control arms for the Micra. Less money, more time consuming but it'll run for years yet unlike the smokey ford which is bound to drop a valve any time with it burning that much oil.