The Car Thread

MadManMike

Or 3 months driving on actuator pressure at ~260bhp when you have a 350bhp capable turbo :P

I spent the last three months driving around in limp mode with a 300bhp setup.

It was however reliable in limp mode, at least with 5psi you know it will be constant haha.

I mean of the previous turbo :P

I'm only on actuator pressure (14psi) on this setup, which is ~300bhp, but its epic, so can't imagine what it'll be like when mapped!

LSD gearbox is going in on Saturday too, just to add to the awesomeness :D

Once its mapped, it will properly be "done". The only route left after that would be stripping and caging...which is not something I want to be doing. So I'll use it for the summer, then sell it and buy myself a new car for my birthday.

• Like 1

So my stepdad just got hit by a Romanian lorry driver.

Didn't call the police at the scene.

Took a picture of his driving license. (Which is expired by 8 weeks)

Took a picture of his lorry.

Took a picture of the damage and where the incident occurred and the two vehicles in situ.

Then drove home and let the bloke go on his way.

Now I'm at home, on my birthday, sorting out his incompetence.

Edited by Pashley26

So I'd planned on coming home and giving the car a good wash, but I've ended up achieving basically nothing instead >_<

In stark contrast, dad's sold the BMW and campercan today - chap who bought the latter turned up in a 3.2l mk1 TT cabrio with the reg AUD1 24V. Slick.

I bet he owns a cap with the Audi logo on the front. I BET YOU

So my stepdad just got hit by a Romanian lorry driver.

Didn't call the police at the scene.

Took a picture of his driving license. (Which is expired by 8 weeks)

Took a picture of his lorry.

Took a picture of the damage and where the incident occurred and the two vehicles in situ.

Then drove home and let the bloke go on his way.

Now I'm at home, on my birthday, sorting out his incompetence.

Whenever you take pictures the FIRST thing to do is to take a picture about the driver

Scenes can be reconstructed, damage stays as before, but when the other guy has "whiplash", "general pain" and "shock" then you must have a proof that he is standing in front of you like a healthy human, not someone who is about to die

Do you have the company`s name? As it is Romanian it will not help a lot, but it might help, as if the driver does something, they will get screwed

Failing to stop at and failing to report an accident are offences in themselves though, so I guess one of Jardo's possible issues here is how to go about things from that standpoint rather than worrying about a dodgy as/dodgier than f**k lorry driver maybe making a whiplash claim.

For what it's worth dude, hope you can get something sorted out with it!

EDIT: Oh, and Happy Birthday :P

• Like 1

Nope, got to report any RTA to the police.

The problem is going to be claiming on insurance, look at Tic's issues and that guy was actually insured and everything.

Also, the photo card license is out of date so it could have been anyones details that my stepdad was given.

Bit of a f**king idiot if you ask me, I'd have done absolutely anything in my powers to ensure that the lorry driver stayed at the scene until the police turned up.

He just got in his very damaged car, drove home, stopped at the services en route and took a picture of the car and text it to my mum saying 'I met a foreign lorry driver. Might be late home.'

My stepdad didn't even phone the police until he got back to my mums and I was waiting for him to tell him how much of a f**king idiot he was.

Yeah, to put it mildly he done goofed.

I thought to claim on the insurance you'd need a police incident number (or whatever they're called?), which would therefore involve the police who wouldn't be super happy about the failing to stop/report it thing? Like you said too, there's so many issues with trying to claim on insurance that I'd be amazed if they pull anything back from the other party.

How bad is the damage by the way? "Write off" level or not quite that much?

Bit of a f**king idiot if you ask me, I'd have done absolutely anything in my powers to ensure that the lorry driver stayed at the scene until the police turned up.

Problem with that is, my mum had a crash over a year ago, the police where informed but they didn't show up! She was hit by a Renault master driven by an uninsured polish guy who did a runner, ironically he had just been fly tipping too, hence the rush to leave the pull in.

There was no pictures taken at the scene other than the damage to her car and final resting place after the collision because there was nothing else to show, the only saving grace was someone caught the registration and spotted the van a mile or so up the road in a pull in trying to hang his bumper and headlamps again.

That's still going on, it's been decided he was at fault, but the driver hasn't been named/found because the owner lends it to his friends, non of which are insured on the vehicle.

If the police had shown up maybe it would've been more straight forward? They could've popped up the road, arrested the faggot and life would be simpler? As it is my mums facing court appearances to try and testify against some polish guys that don't live too far from her so as you can imagine she's quite scared.