The Car Thread

MadManMike

Sounds like a plan then!

Might have already linked to it, but hopefully be some helpful info in this thread: http://www.mx5nutz.c...showtopic=95909

You have a few months before the season starts, although now is the best time to buy a ready prepped car. I saw a couple go on eBay last week at good prices... I said it before but I'll keep saying it cos I mean it ( :P ), give me a shout if you want to know anything (Y)

Sounds like a plan then!

Might have already linked to it, but hopefully be some helpful info in this thread: http://www.mx5nutz.c...showtopic=95909

You have a few months before the season starts, although now is the best time to buy a ready prepped car. I saw a couple go on eBay last week at good prices... I said it before but I'll keep saying it cos I mean it ( :P ), give me a shout if you want to know anything (Y)

Just read all of that, was a really great insight into the process of beginning. Appreciate the help mate, and I'm sure I'll be in touch over the winter with lots of inane and boring questions for you!

EDIT: Dammit, this one was already the right number :P

Edited by JD™

Ah sweet - glad it was useful! Nah it's not boring at all, the guys really helped me getting into it so the least I can do is the same for you :)

Haha, yeah - in fact it didn't sell, so if you are serious you should get in touch. Paul Sheard preps good cars, although that one is only about an hour South of here (therefore a trek for you).

I'm definitely serious, just not right this second because I've got some pennies to move around and whatnot before I can give it a good enough budget. Ideally I'd like to get the whole ~£9k together before I do anything.

This basket full of stuff on a certain trials oriented website probably won't help how quick that happens!

• Like 1

More stretch and lows :)

554245_10152206201325317_1158988655_n.jpg

578422_10152206202130317_774361402_n.jpg

318813_10152206204795317_1582864905_n.jpg

Fitted 215/45s on the rears today, and quickly wound the rear coilovers down to cover the arch gap. Got it pretty even seeing as I guessed each one as I was rushing! (Had work to do)

I'll give it a wash on my day off on Friday, probably lower the back a touch more to see what I can get away with, then get some proper pictures. :)

• Like 2

Haha, no.

I ran 165/50/15 on a 8.25j and didn't exactly drive it softly. Keep PSI in there and it will be fine. Only time i've ever heard of blowouts, is through excessive wear 'caused by bad alignment and not enough air in tyre allowing sidewall to flex enough to let air out.

People drift 100mph corners with stretch, it's fine.

Pffffft. Slow :P

I read about the price of that Forge tube, what a rip off! Forge are like the Apple of the car world, haha!

Yeah proper pissed me off! 20% of the total in postage and 20% in f**king VAT!

I am going to ring them up today and have a rant. Robbing bastards. I was going to order all new IC hoses at the same time but I now refuse to pay 40% more than I have to just because it says Forge on it.

I phoned Niki and he had nothing, I phoned SFS and they had nothing, I phoned Awesome GTI and theybhad nothing, I even phoned my arch nemesis Bill at Badger 5 and had a flange but not the tube.

So I had a rant at Forge and got 10% off and had my pants pulled down for £42.

I am going to have to cut 4 inches out of the bloody thing anyway!!!

I need to change my Facebook name really. It was only on there because it was my nickname. Basically, a girlfriend of my mates (well, not such good mates now that she slept with me lol...but that's a whooooole different thread!) used to call me Forge when I sneezed, because I sounded literally exactly the same as my recirc valve haha. I guess having Forge in plastered along the side of my a3 could have given some leverage to that name too!

The only Forge product I have on my lcr is the same recirc valve, but I want rid of that for an oem one (because they react quicker), but I can't find the one I took of when I first bought it :(

Agreed though, they are robbing bastards, and aren't even THAT good...

Ok so seat Leon owners/buffs.

My dad has a 52 ish Leon with the following issues - just wondered if anyone knew off hand how difficult/ time consuming the the fix would be for each bit. I've done a few bits n bobs on cars before including cambelt change on my old s40, just not sure about suspension.

N/S/F Outer track rod excess play

N/S/R coil spring broken - 2 Red/2 Silver (whatever that means)

Front lower wishbone bushes poor