The Car Thread

MadManMike

Nope.

Then that makes you a total dick, especially since going by your road driving descriptions you aren't exactly a sedate leisurely driver....

Car passed MOT first time, OS rear brake is on the weaker side but still a pass so I'll get that rebuilt pronto as I have all the parts ready for it. I can now get fitting the rear ARB, making brackets to stiffen the front ARB mounts (they flex) and searching for upgrades :D

Yup.

I checked the tires over before and quite thoroughly after Curby, didn't see a thing. So it's fairly recent.

About two days ago I noticed that when turning right it was making an odd ticking noise and the ESP was coming on. So I might have done it on a pot hole (can't recall going in one) or a flint or something within the last few days.

In terms of wear they were all really even and and only just below the limit, 1.5 at the lowest and 1.6 bang on across 2/3'rds on that particular tire, the rest were at about 1.8.

10688168_1540322019516307_62885436916818

They do look fantastic on the car, and the grip is very very good.

10679862_1540379052843937_76138496869024

There is lots of front end grip, and you can really get the fronts dug in and lift off oversteer if you want.

Neither Prawn or I have been brave enough to power oversteer the back end yet, it gets right on the cusp of letting go but the worry is that when it does neither of us have a clue what it will do. Hopefully with a bit more camber on the front and a bit more development in the chassis I will be able to get even more grip from the front.

I've ordered some Recaro Pole Positions (lols) and I just need to order some subframes on pay day, then harnesses to follow.

All coming together well.

Hilariously I fit a set of high contact track tires, and it rains for the first time in months!

10644443_1540361012845741_39046815471180

Yup.

I checked the tires over before and quite thoroughly after Curby, didn't see a thing. So it's fairly recent.

About two days ago I noticed that when turning right it was making an odd ticking noise and the ESP was coming on. So I might have done it on a pot hole (can't recall going in one) or a flint or something within the last few days.

In terms of wear they were all really even and and only just below the limit, 1.5 at the lowest and 1.6 bang on across 2/3'rds on that particular tire, the rest were at about 1.8.

10688168_1540322019516307_62885436916818

They do look fantastic on the car, and the grip is very very good.

10679862_1540379052843937_76138496869024

There is lots of front end grip, and you can really get the fronts dug in and lift off oversteer if you want.

Neither Prawn or I have been brave enough to power oversteer the back end yet, it gets right on the cusp of letting go but the worry is that when it does neither of us have a clue what it will do. Hopefully with a bit more camber on the front and a bit more development in the chassis I will be able to get even more grip from the front.

I've ordered some Recaro Pole Positions (lols) and I just need to order some subframes on pay day, then harnesses to follow.

All coming together well.

Hilariously I fit a set of high contact track tires, and it rains for the first time in months!

10644443_1540361012845741_39046815471180

What tyres are they mate?

They seem to get alright reviews, though I'm put off now... It handled like a go kart on a wet outdoor track.

I have skinny 14" wheels so I'm thinking wider 15's might be a plan.

Was pretty slippery out on the roads today, we havn't had rain for weeks and then bucketed down so I guess could be to do with that?

f**k it. Ordered a proper fuel injector pulser. Might as well do the job properly

If anyone wants their petrol injectors cleaning using an ultra sonic bath (done the proper way) fire me a pm and we'll sort something out. Won't charge much!

What kind of price you talking? I have got some to be done but they've been sat for ages and are to go on the project so won't be used in the near future but I'm interested!