The Car Thread

MadManMike

Just been doing all of that today mate. Everything seems spot on :( so annoying this.

So far I've changed the rear discs and bearings, front discs, inner tie rods, track rod ends. Checked engine mounts etc. All seems fine. No excessive play in anything.

Checked tracking? If all the bushes are okay, sounds like the geometry could be off?

Have you had it tracked Dan?

I have mate yeah. Hunter aligned. Guy said he noticed it pulling to the right a bit even low down. Not torque steer as that's to the right.

Ordered some wishbone ball joints anyway as I'm refreshing everything. Bilstein b14 coilovers soon if I beg the gf haha

Removed my DRLs yesturday and fitted some fog lights. Thought id have to replace the bumper, but after finding one at scrap yard, saw the standard bumper had all the fog light mounts as standard.

The standard bumper even has the guidlines for where you need to cut, one sharp knife and a dremel later:

post-36867-0-93138700-1410714576_thumb.j

Fog light fitted ( scrap yard ones, will replace with new ones soon):

post-36867-0-34204300-1410714594_thumb.j

Bumper view:

post-36867-0-62476500-1410714613_thumb.j

Had a quick mock up with some HID's i had lying around, definatly think i'll be getting the right bulbs for the difference in light output!

post-36867-0-34834300-1410714631_thumb.j

• Like 1

I have mate yeah. Hunter aligned. Guy said he noticed it pulling to the right a bit even low down. Not torque steer as that's to the right.

Ordered some wishbone ball joints anyway as I'm refreshing everything. Bilstein b14 coilovers soon if I beg the gf haha

Have you got a printout of what the figures came out at? I've seen more than a few places with fancy 4 wheel alignment kit and zero idea what the effects of geo really are.

I think I might be going for some NS2-Rs soon, now I'm not comuting in the scirocco. Although I'm probably going to get the center-bores on the MX-5 wheels taken out so I can use them as a second set for the scirocco so I can keep a set with normal road tyres for winter and motorway drives.

• Like 1

Dan definitely get your geo checked out, my back end on the Porsche is out and it makes it a bit of a handful when at higher speeds. I'm putting it off until I have changed my subframe mounts and fitted my rear ARB (fits to my eccentric bolts for castor), seeing as both these things result in altering it again...

Have you got a printout of what the figures came out at? I've seen more than a few places with fancy 4 wheel alignment kit and zero idea what the effects of geo really are.

I think I might be going for some NS2-Rs soon, now I'm not comuting in the scirocco. Although I'm probably going to get the center-bores on the MX-5 wheels taken out so I can use them as a second set for the scirocco so I can keep a set with normal road tyres for winter and motorway drives.

Here you go mate

20140914_214722_zpsqhuopv2r.jpg

20140914_214728_zpsrok8yyho.jpg

Ignore the years of the cars at the top. They were set up for my car, long story.

Aren't you the one who's always in the no girlfriend thread?

Think wisely before your next post...

that is the reason why I posted

Why would you beg your girlfriend to get an upgrade for your car?

I just do not see the connection between these 2

Caster looks really low on that? My land rover's 3 degrees and it's twitchy as f**k at speed. Wouldn't surprise me if it's set like that to feel nimble out the factory but it's gonna be doing you no favours in a short light car when you're on a motorway or something.

Edited by Skoze

After properly checking out the price of them, £800 is a little steep haha :(

that is the reason why I do not and should not (but will have... hopefully) a car. I would spend all my money on it. and before uni, its not healthy

but does it help you get a gf?