The Car Thread

MadManMike

New arch liner fitted. Once I get the vinyl wrap on the bumper it will be like the car never even saw the deer.

Borrowing "The Pit" this evening to dump the oil, change the oil sensor, oil filter and refill oil.

Got some adjustable top mounts en route. They will be tricky to fit as I will have to fit the new coilover plates that are currently stuck on the threads first otherwise it will drop another 10mm or so.

Not sure when I will find the time to do the suspension, either got to be done on a sunny weekend or in a months time when I have a week off.

Probably already boiled the fluid. Did you stop more than once?

new fluid, braking gently to bed the pads/disk in

Heaven forbid you need all that stopping power from your fire-breathing engine ;)

old 280mm front disks were warped. for the price of 312mm disk/pads/calipers/carriers, made sence to upgrade.

You of all people have experienced people driving like knobs. cornwall is twice as bad, it pays to have decent brakes!

Best get cycling the pump on VCDS.

03, ABS.

04, Basic Settings.

Block 001.

Go.

havn't registerd my vcds yet :mellow:

i did cycle the pump using a mates diagnostics system today inbetween bleeds.

the thing is i've driven it around for a week with the pedal feeling different each time, so im not sure if theres still air in the system, or it feels the way it does because its meant to be that way :closedeyes:

The Porsche doesn't like sitting in traffic anymore, the temps rise rather a lot, doesnt quite make it beyond the red but usually hovers on the edge of it. Driving normally it sits happily at 90 degrees, suggesting the thermostat is doing its job. The radiator fan kicks in (new thermo switch too) and the system appears to be bled correctly (i've done it several times to check). The system was flushed 2 years ago and had very little sludge, with fresh red coolant whacked in after. I'm wondering if my radiator needs recoring or if my fan isn't drawing in enough air as it's perhaps getting a little old? Which sounds mosts likely?