The Car Thread

MadManMike

So? I could sell all my cars and have f**k loads of money. massive financial benefit, but what would I be? A bored fat guy who used to have a few cars.

Loads of money, sure, but miserable as f**k.

I sold my dailly A3 to pierre if you remember, to 'grow up' as you put it. I regret it every single day, and miss it loads, even though I've still got 2 other cars and my company car.

I'm not seeing any financial benefit to this 500 at all. it's the SAME cost, not better, not saving.

I asked Lou which engine she had gone for yesterday, and she said ''sadly just the 1.2''

Apparently, the extra £30 per month for the twin air she wanted makes it no longer financially viable, so she's settled for a lesser model just to save £30 per month.

If that's the difference between cheaper than audi or more expensive than audi, then there really isn't much in it at all is there.

If there is no large financial gain to be have from it, I see no point in downgrading from a 220bhp german hatch back with a range of performance and handling mods, that's actually really practical and can happily carry large loads + people long distance in great comfort, to a 1.2 8v fiat 500 with a whopping 69bhp, and barely enough room to swing an ear wig.

As you say she only does 6000 miles a year, so if you want to save money, why not sell the audi and get something cheap like a 106 gti to thrash around in? £600 outlay to buy one, and similar monthly out goings to the 500 without the £130/month finance package.....

You're an arrogant fanny Jardo.

No I'm really not. But Prawn is the worst person in the world to try and justify a new car to.

How about just saying "Lou wants a new car, and if she gets a new 500 it will save her money too."

Lou wants one, so she is getting one. Saving money isn't the only reason. Simples.

#edit, can't spell for shit.

Edited by Pashley26

Lou wants one, so she is getting one. Saving money isn't the only reason. Simples.

Exactly. That's the cost argument out the window then. The cheapest argument would be to be a reasonably economical £500 hatch with an MOT and run it into the ground. The reason you're not doing this is because she wants a nicer motor and I can totally appreciate why you/Lou would want that. But you're still wrong about it being the cheapest option :P

It's the cheaper option though, saving money and having a brand spanking new 62 plate car with all the trimmings.

Lou prefered the drive of the twin air, but economically shebwanted the 1.2 because you drive it less and subsequently get better MPG.

Prawn, you know how strong minded Lou is. If she didn't want it would she do it? No.

you're pushing her into it though dude, lets be fair.....

She doesn't want to get rid of the audi at all, she's already said that, she's just looking at it financially, and the only thing that would sway her is a new 500, although she wants the twin air version, and that's not cost effective.

the other thing I keep hearing is 'hassle'. the fiat will be less hassle apparently because it won't need fixing so often. the only reason she's got that mind is because you can never be arsed to sort the audi out for her. How long has that rear top mount been gone? months, and it's a 30 minute job. why isn't it done?

I know you're a salesman dude, and you're always going to argue for a new car, but I honestly don't really see what's to be gained from this one.

Yes the figures add up and it'll work out about the same, but I just don't see the swap as something you could get excited about. Lou loves her cars, and you live 15 minutes away from some fantastic driving roads.

The 500 is cool and quirky yes, i like them, but after that novelty wears off at the end of the first month, you're left with a tiny underpowered italian hatch back that can only just carry 2 people and a small dog.

you're pushing her into it though dude, lets be fair.....

She doesn't want to get rid of the audi at all, she's already said that, she's just looking at it financially, and the only thing that would sway her is a new 500, although she wants the twin air version, and that's not cost effective.

the other thing I keep hearing is 'hassle'. the fiat will be less hassle apparently because it won't need fixing so often. the only reason she's got that mind is because you can never be arsed to sort the audi out for her. How long has that rear top mount been gone? months, and it's a 30 minute job. why isn't it done?

I know you're a salesman dude, and you're always going to argue for a new car, but I honestly don't really see what's to be gained from this one.

Yes the figures add up and it'll work out about the same, but I just don't see the swap as something you could get excited about. Lou loves her cars, and you live 15 minutes away from some fantastic driving roads.

The 500 is cool and quirky yes, i like them, but after that novelty wears off at the end of the first month, you're left with a tiny underpowered italian hatch back that can only just carry 2 people and a small dog.

The top mount was done MONTHS ago Bob. Like, before your party. In fact, she has Quayside do it almost 6 months ago.

Lou wants a new car, but she didn't mention it because she knew she couldn't afford it. You know how sensibly minded her and her family are about things, all of them are square.

She wants to pay x amount a month and drive a reasonable little hatch back that looks smart and has some gadgets. She doesn't want or need an all singing all dancing 1.8t A3 anymore.

This has been her decision from the very start, no pressure from me AT ALL. In fact I was against the idea, because despite my facelift hatred we have both invested a fortune in it.

Tic, stfu. I don't get a penny on it. Without mentioning the £500 I have put into the deposit and the £290 for an upgraded sound system. So stop playing the jewish salesman card because it is wearing thin, I am spending money on this thing for her because I know she wants it really badly.

Edited by Pashley26

I don't understand why you'd want a 500 thou apposed to a a3, my missus was dead set on a 500 then we went a test drive in a brand new 1.2 lounge an it was absolutely dreadful. Really really didn't like being in there, lots of road noise, didn't particularly handle bumps well an all the dealer wanted to show her was that city steering button, because in his words 'drivings easier with that for girls'.

It's a nice car to look at, but there a lot of money for what your getting in terms of quality. I'm much happier she took her money an got a 3 year old mini...

Would you Adam and f**k Eve it.

Matey came to buy the BM for £1500, LOVED IT. Wanted a drive but wasn't insured so I told him to put the cash in my hand and then we could drive it.

Drove it proper sensible, no problems and all for it. I live on a f**king massive hill...Clutch went and we rolled all the way back down it. He was only gently pulling away to let a car past ffs lol

It's sold but not for what I wanted; but after that I am glad to see the back of it to be honest.

I didn't want to say it as I wasn't feeling like being a willy, but you've known that clutch was on its last legs for at least a month. Nice one for selling the 318, bit of a shame to get rid though, it was a very tidy shell.

Does anyone know of any Audi 'Avus'/S3 wheels or similar for sale in 17" and/or anyone breaking a 5 stud mk3 Golf?