The Car Thread

MadManMike

Not in the slightest. I actually think that as far as this shit could have worked out this is one of the better solutions!

Car still gets some love, Lou can still play with it and Jardo has some fun for a few weeks before he gets something else :P

I was only semi-thinking about it myself, as I've been on the lookout for a Leon Cupra and this isn't far different and was at a ridiculous price and would have helped Lou out :)

Edit; The only bit I don't get is the Jardo/work car deal, though I just assume thats not happening instead.

• Like 1

Mother came home last night with a brand spanking new BMW 318D M Sport. I like it! Makes me wanna get a new car. interior is really nice and it has some really good new features compared to the last 3 series that was out.( Well my mum has always had BMW's last car was a 08 plate 318d m sport)

I keep trying to persuade her to put me on the insurance but i don't think it will happen :/

393593_10151460309654572_346034653_n.jpg

318d though? Tell your mum she needs more power in her life. I actually really like how those new 3 series look. Although despite being a new shape I've already seen hundreds of them. Exclusive they are not... What's good about the inside?

In a staggering feat of Jardo-economics, I worked out that to lease a brand new 318d for 3 years would probably be cheaper than running my Civic.

So Lou was getting the new car to save money. Now you're getting the new car and keeping the old one too? That must have some impact on the 'saving money' side of things.

We've got a car each, I sold mine and have replaced it with hers.

That 318d looks really nice, if I'm honest I don't think there is any need for more power than the 318d's offer. The whole point of buying a diesel 3 series is for the economy side of things, you don't need more than that. If you want power you buy a 330.

Nice color too; I like it. Has it got full leather or half? Auto or manual?

The whole idea of it being a diesel is mainly for economy due to my mum travelling up n down on the motorway due to her job. I don't think a woman in her late 40's is going to want a high performance car.

Full black leather interior and its manual. Has an extended 4" chassis to make the back interior bigger compared to the last 3 series as some people said the back was a wee bit small.

i love the car! If it was mine id get a black roof and the wheels powder coated in graphite. Black kidney grills and some 8000k xenon hids.

It comes with 2 key fobs ( Plastic chips that are used as the key) Each one you can set your seat settings so one for me mum and the other for me stepdad so when either them put there fob in it adjusts the seat to how they want it automatically which i think is pretty good!.

I still haven't been for a ride in it yet.

Will give you guys some updates.

Anyone wanna come wash my car? :P

Just got out of it and felt a little bit embarrassed at how appalling it's got... Gonna have to bite the bullet and get it done fairly properly at the weekend I think.

EDIT: And no, I won't do a proper job myself - I haven't got the patience and by the time I've bought all the stuff I might as well just double that cost and get someone else to do it who can be arsed.

Edited by JDâ„¢

...but you haven't, according to Facebook :P

That blokes a fanny, I'd burn the f**king thing before I saw it in the hands of that stuck up wanker.

Prawn went to school with him; he shit himself (literally) in front of an entire math class according to a mate of mine.

If he decides to pipe up again I'll just drop that reference and see how quickly he f**ks off.

Edited by Pashley26

my dad has a brand new 3 series coupe m sport plus, white with black wheels, mirrors and i think roof? don't remember.... my dad is 6ft 4 and sitting behind him i had amzing room even with his seat right back, my knees did'nt touch the seats... i also had my bike in the boot! not bad :P

may sound gay but when we went to look at a few we found the cream or black leather interiors were 'boring' as such... so he went for the red... and it is soooo sooo nice... also has the upgraded sound system with subwoofers underneath the front seats... was a real bum rubler hehehe

looks really nice, pulls well and suits just about anywere you take it, turning heads along the way :) and an added extra has a reaalllyyy nice dump valve noise heheh

just a quick post :)

HE DID pay that much money for it; so it must in some way be superior to the one that is on ebay for £100. It's one that is well known on MR2 forums, it is one of the most adjustable ones you can get. It came with two different arms, two different sets of threads/bars, 4 rollers and two different PCD plates.

My one is the same as that though? Can fit all common PCDs, and has the same adjustments as your one!

600970_10151852641795317_1968909578_n.jpg

The only difference is that mine didn't come with the spare parts, but that doesn't exactly half the value of it...

• Like 1

No, I'm having it. Simples.

She knows I have already payed the deposit on the 500 in full, and I sent the log book off this morning. So it's not actually her car anymore.

i do seriously hope you're joking jardo, because if you're not, and Lou hasn't approved this, I fear you'll be packing your bags in no time.

She told me yesterday that she hadn't decided on anything yet, hadn't agreed to you having the A3, and wasn't 100% on the 500 either, so if you've paid the deposit for a car she is unsure on, and fraudulently signed and sent off HER log book, then you've wasted the deposit and stolen the A3 in legal terms.

I hope for your sake it's just more internet exagerating on your port. If not you could be in a lot of trouble. You can't force people into decisions.

Bessell just popped up on my news feed with a private plate idea and it reminded me that I was searching for one a while ago. Opinions please: Is this close enough to fifty6 to work?

post-497-0-43272700-1348214924_thumb.png

Doesn't look even close to Fifty6 to me, not even slightly.

it says Fig FTY, which strangely I read as fig fitty.

Cheers Jamie and Prawn, that's definitely clouded it :P

I'd go for the obvious 56 plate but I'm not planning on getting rid of the 540 for a while so it's not new enough for that. Would just go for F1FTY and draw the little 6 on if I could but that's not available... Maybe I'll just leave this idea until I've got a newer car in a couple of years.

i do seriously hope you're joking jardo, because if you're not, and Lou hasn't approved this, I fear you'll be packing your bags in no time.

She told me yesterday that she hadn't decided on anything yet, hadn't agreed to you having the A3, and wasn't 100% on the 500 either, so if you've paid the deposit for a car she is unsure on, and fraudulently signed and sent off HER log book, then you've wasted the deposit and stolen the A3 in legal terms.

I hope for your sake it's just more internet exagerating on your port. If not you could be in a lot of trouble. You can't force people into decisions.

Not what she's told me Bob, she knows I have paid the deposit and got the log book ready to go.

I am not forcing her into anything, it is what she told me to do. Keep your nose out, because you (and George) and chatting shit.

She was freaking out yesterday because she felt rushed because my manager told her the car would be ready next week and she thought she had to take it next week. But I told him we will pick it up at the end of next month.

She was worring that I didn't actually want the Audi because she knows how much I hate facelift cars and that I was just doing it to make her happy. And you know how independant she is about things, she has been saying all along that if she couldn't buy it on her own she couldn't afford it and wouldn't do it.

It came as a suprise to her that last week we were looking for reasons to get rid of the Audi and then within the space of an hour I decided I wanted to buy it. Bearing mind I have always slated it.

So, don't come on here making me out to be forcing her into it and not knowing what I am going on about. I have lived with her for three years now, do you not think I know a little bit more about her thought process than you guys?

Edited by Pashley26