The Car Thread

MadManMike

Nahh we've got another set.

If Rainbird doesn't have it then text Lou, think she wants about £350 with four tires. Two of which are one week old T1R's and the rears are RE045 Potenza's.

I've never actually seen another set of 17" S4 reps, they are 5X120 and 5X100 multi fit. S4 wheels of this design are obviously 18", hence the rarity.

Otherwise you are looking at S3 wheels which I had on my A3, but they're wank.

390855_10150569159970130_1301533827_n.jpg

Edited by Pashley26

I've got a proper pro arch roller.

You can buy it if you want, might be a useful tool given your position. I paid £180 for it off a mate who paid £260 for it 6 months back and had only rolled 4 arches. I'd sell it to you for £120. I'd give it to you and let you pay me for it later ;)

Haha, the arch its self isn't what would cause the issues with my plans, it's more the top of the actual tubs ;) I've got access to an arch roller if I want for my own car, one of my own could be handy for customers ones but to be honest they're a bit too easy to make for me to be bothered to pay for a proper one!

I've got a proper pro arch roller.

I paid £180 for it off a mate who paid £260 for it 6 months back. I'd sell it to you for £120.

I bought that same arch roller off eBay for about £100! Brand new too.

Bahaha, excellent :lol:

Oh Jardo, your valuation of everything is so warped :lol:

Bahaha, excellent :lol:

Oh Jardo, your valuation of everything is so warped :lol:

;

So's your evaluation on what makes a decent car, don't see me going on about it all day though :P

HE DID pay that much money for it; so it must in some way be superior to the one that is on ebay for £100. It's one that is well known on MR2 forums, it is one of the most adjustable ones you can get. It came with two different arms, two different sets of threads/bars, 4 rollers and two different PCD plates.

I'm not a poundland pikey, if I see something which I think is two times the quality for two times the price I'll buy it.

On the subject of things being cheap as f**k; Rainbird are you coming to look at the Audi today?

Edited by Pashley26

So I just bought a Thule roof rack for my car (£15 with 2 bike holders :D) and went to fit it. I'm amazed that 4 M6 allen bolts are going to be suitable for the claimed 100KG capabilties of the thing, especially since they only thread into pretty shallow nuts. I guess i will find out how good they are if my bike goes missing.... With that in mind, does anybody know if there's any legal issue with doing 70 on the motorway with bikes on top? I know with my old tow bar rack I would happily go faster (on private roads of course) but I was a bit young and naive back then with the bikes barely even secured, eeeeek.

Oh and if anybody has any 108cm aero bars going cheap, then I would be interested. These square bars look gash

Edited by Paul Oliver

The post you made yesterday about cheap labour seems to be jumping out at me.

You seem to have a never ending saga of mishaps, I feel for you dude :(

I think it's more to do with me not being able to afford a complete overhaul. Usually when such cars are built, they're stripped to bare metal and then every single thing that's put back on is inspected and more often than not replaced... We're slowly getting somewhere with the diff, have a very strong lead. Unfortunately the possible fix requires grinding down about 1mm of metal which seems to have been forged by Mr. God. It's the hardest thing ever. Fuel lines are going to be replaced with braided hoses and installed inside the car, not under it.

Are you doing something with the input shafts?

-

I thought the best way around Lou not having the Audi was if I had it; so I've given her top money for it and then she's still got it to use at the weekends and to have fun in. I've still got a nice car to go to work in and go to my car meets, she's got her nice new car and everyone's happy.

530138_10151395181750130_2127621989_n.jpg

156119_10151395182360130_1536809036_n.jpg

545395_10151395182490130_246606876_n.jpg

I forgot how much money we'd spent on this bloody thing lol

Next time on Jardo-oaks...

Jardo is offering this to Luke again, but saying that it's now worth £10,000 because he paid £12,000 for it off of this careful lady owner he'd been lucky enough to bump into locally. Overwhelming evidence to the contrary is completely ignored and a hissy fit is thrown.

• Like 2