Longest Lasting Headphones For Trials You've Ever Had?

Dave Sutton

Ive managed to break so many headphones, one ear piece normally stops working, i need some that are in ear and will last

Ideas?

Why does it stop working ? Are you catching the cord on stuff as you ride?

Hardly practical, but I have a set of BeyerDynamic DT100's which are 20 years old and have been used in studio 10's of times. Literally the best headphones on the market IMO. Industry standard (Y)

That has to be the most unuseful advice ever haha

imagine wearing them whilst riding...

• Like 1

Well I found I used to rinse headphones, sometimes at the earpiece but mostly where the two wires become one, the joints are weak points and trials/movement and just amount of use seems to busy em for me. Especially when connected directly to a phone or music player. I think with the way your body stretches around, and where you route the cable can put a load of stress on them. I've also developed problems with the jack on headphones and device because of it.

My solution is to use a Bluetooth headset- mw600 Sony is the best and super cheap. Clip it on the top of my tee and the headphones are short around the neck and don't catch or rub on anything. And it actually sounds good and the range is epic if you wanna leave your phone in a bag.

Well I found I used to rinse headphones, sometimes at the earpiece but mostly where the two wires become one, the joints are weak points and trials/movement and just amount of use seems to busy em for me. Especially when connected directly to a phone or music player. I think with the way your body stretches around, and where you route the cable can put a load of stress on them. I've also developed problems with the jack on headphones and device because of it.

My solution is to use a Bluetooth headset- mw600 Sony is the best and super cheap. Clip it on the top of my tee and the headphones are short around the neck and don't catch or rub on anything. And it actually sounds good and the range is epic if you wanna leave your phone in a bag.

This sounds like a brilliant idea! Will be buying a pair of them for sure!

So why do you bother coming here then?

Obviously, cos you'd never be wrong...

Do one. I come on here because people of the car thread need me.

And to be fair I am rarely wrong but whenever I am people go crazy about it because I am nearly always right in one way or another.

Everyone just seems to ridicule you in the car thread but you're so far up your own arse you fail to see it hahahaha

If you want the honest truth I do see it, but the people who ridicule me are such small fish in the grand scheme of my life that I couldn't care less. I only come on here to keep up to date with four, maybe five people.

You may notice that the people who don't "ridicule" me and actually have respect for what I say are the older people who have been on the forum for years and know how to pick apart my terrible wording and work out what I actually mean.

I use Bose IEs for riding. I've had them tugged and pulled from catching the cable sometimes, also when my PMP comes flying out on the odd occasion. This is for bmx mainly though. Some will argue if they are worth the money, but owning studio headphones too, i still think they are worth the £70. Comfort is so so good for in ears.

the issue is cable routing, get some cable clips, they clip the cable and clip to your clothes then you can ensure the cable goes roughly where you want and doesn't f**k up. my issue has always been that the jack that goes into my phone gets ruined as my phone flips about in my pocket or something... i wouldn't mind a smaller player that clips on or something...