Most Powerful Front Brake

trialsiain

There isn't one 'most powerful' really, in that bite / hold / set up / environmental conditions all come into play.

Saints, BB7s, Hope Mono Trials are all good enough for trials. 160 / 180 rotor for mods, 180 / 200 for stock.

Can't go too far wrong with any of them, try one and see how you like it. Between those 3 they each have their plusses and minuses.

• Like 2

I guess BB7 probably aren't that powerful compared to really expensive hydraulic disc brakes, but their ease of adjustment means that in reality you can quickly set them up to run consistently in any environment. I find them far better than hydraulics for that reason, I can always run them at their maximum effectiveness.

Those things are insane! If the price was a little lower I think they'd be very popular with us trialz boiz.

Yeah,you can get them cheaper now though as they were replaced by new flagship RO,but I think there was problem with caliper leaking when used for trials :( I would still prefer saint as I don´t care too much about the weight and like the design of it.Also,you can get one brand new for less than 85pounds here.

Edited by ghostrider88

I found that BB7s really depend on what disc you are running. Ive had 4 different discs (with the same sintered pads) on the front and only 2 of them really worked well. Ive had the 160 mm avid one but i didnt think much of that, a 160mm echo one which worked well after it had finally bedded in, a 160mm hope trial rotor which was even worse than the avid and im now running a 180mm aztec wave which is the best rotor ive had by a long shot.

There isn´t such a thing as overkill in trials in terms of power of brake.

have you ever ridden a bike with a gustav m on the front? I have, and riding into a brick wall is probably less effective, such is the bite and power. nowt I've ever tried even comes close

have you ever ridden a bike with a gustav m on the front? I have, and riding into a brick wall is probably less effective, such is the bite and power. nowt I've ever tried even comes close

Heh,yeah I did,it is a brutal brake but I´m sure a lot of guys would actually like it a lot, shame they don´t produce them anymore and they weight a ton.