Orange / Ee

showurcolours

Ok, so I was wondering if anyone was with Orange (now called EE I believe)

The reason for this and it's really starting to p**s me off, is that my bill is always extremely high. So I haven't paid 2 bills, but my outstanding balance is £131. The thing that really irritates me is the lack of information available on how it managed to get so high. I have unlimited texts and 950 minutes (which is more than adequate for me, I never go over) yet somehow, my bill is always over the £35 per month which my contract is supposed to be.

If there was visible information such as a bill breakdown, then I could see why and how it is that high, but seeing as there isn't and it's been like this now since I've had my phone. I'm getting fed up with such expensive bills, even though I am well within my data limits.

Anything happen like this to you? Also, if anyone works for Orange and your a member on here - please oh please explain this to me in depth, because quite frankly, your service in this respect, is just a con.

I'm glad it's not just me and I'm going to kick off big time tomorrow because quite frankly I can't afford to pay this, I may even check the trading standards website to see if there is anything that says they have to provide a breakdown.

@Muel - I've never had a problem with 3G but I suspect that's because we are from different areas. I usually find their customer service ok, their northern which is nice cus I love a northern accent haha ;D

Their website says I owe £61 and that's much more likely for 2 bills if you ask me, so I think I'll pay that. Also, no thanks to 3 - my mate used them and was constantly struggling to get signals, most of the time you couldn't call him and his text's would finally come through like 3 hours later...

Watched a program about mobile contracts... And how a lot of people get conned, they said the best way to sort it out is to go in store and be firm and explain what happened and why you don't like it, why you deserve money back or whatever it is you want from it.

I know this isnt much help but i know you can get apps that count how much data you have used ect. I'm currently using onavo count for my data usage ect. It shows how much data used in a percentage from the begining to end of your contract's month and a daily, weekly and monthly data average usage. You can most likely get these sort of apps for minutes and texts aswell. Could be good evidence if this happens again in the future eg next month :P

you know that the companies charge you for certain data useage (i.e. internet access / apps etc?) some contracts are not unlimited data use. could be a possibility

Yeah so basically my spotify was caining my data allowance - which it shouldn't be but that's not Orange's fault, but I was being charged £1 a day for every day I was over. Which is insanely expensive!

I know this isnt much help but i know you can get apps that count how much data you have used ect. I'm currently using onavo count for my data usage ect. It shows how much data used in a percentage from the begining to end of your contract's month and a daily, weekly and monthly data average usage. You can most likely get these sort of apps for minutes and texts aswell. Could be good evidence if this happens again in the future eg next month :P

I've literally just installed one to monitor mine now dude, called 'my data manager' in the feeble attempt to curb my ridiculous bills. Good suggestion though, if I don't like this app I'll switch to same as you (Y)

Do you have paper bills sent to your house? These can cost.

Do you send picture messages which are not part of your contract?

Late payment fees?

Does you 35 quid contract include VAT?

Do you use voicemail, this may be charged.

Do you dial 0800 or 078 numbers from your mobile?

Phone insurance?

Exceeding data allowance?

I'd be careful how you speak to them, you may discover that it's your own fault and you'll feel a bit daft :)

Do you have paper bills sent to your house? These can cost.

Do you send picture messages which are not part of your contract?

Late payment fees?

Does you 35 quid contract include VAT?

Do you use voicemail, this may be charged.

Do you dial 0800 or 078 numbers from your mobile?

Phone insurance?

Exceeding data allowance?

I'd be careful how you speak to them, you may discover that it's your own fault and you'll feel a bit daft :)

It was the data allowance and to be honest, she sounded hot (clever business move if you ask me) so I was never going to kick off too much haha.

It was the fact that I was being charged £1 a day for every day I was over my data allowance which my spotify rinsed in about 4 days ;(

@monkeyseemonkeydo - If I ever switch, I'll bare that in mind cheers mate :)