The Angry Thread.

Blake

Maybe the PPI drastically hiked up the repayment amount? So sold as a lower rate loan but then with PPI tacked onto it

I'm wondering this.

Because the interest rate of the loan is a fairly low 9%, but the APR is almost double that. Which certainly in my line of business is an indication of the additional premium of a GAP insurance policy.

But it doesn't say anything anywhere in my agreement documents about a payment insurance.

Made me laugh as I'd literally finished paying off a different loan a month before this complaint form came through so I thought it was related to that. My reason for being missold the insurance was because, and I wrote, that I've had a few loans previously and never taken the PPI out on any of those so I didn't bother with this latest one though I was obviously mistaken!

• Like 1

I've downloaded a template complaint form and mis-selling questionnaire from the financial ombudsmen service, so I'll fill it out and send it off.

I'm just pissed off that somebody has had me paying for something I didn't know I was paying for, that had I of known I wouldn't have wanted to pay for.

Bastards.

I've downloaded a template complaint form and mis-selling questionnaire from the financial ombudsmen service, so I'll fill it out and send it off.

I'm just pissed off that somebody has had me paying for something I didn't know I was paying for, that had I of known I wouldn't have wanted to pay for.

Bastards.

Did you sell PPI when you sold a car on finance?

I got offered it when I took a car on finance from welcome finance years ago, but I cancelled it after a month as the rate was ridiculous

Welcome finance are what's called a 'sub-prime' lender, and operate under different terms to a main dealer like me. They would have sold you a policy on behalf of somebody else. Main dealers cannot do that, because they're representing a manufacturer and it's such dodgy business that the manufacturer won't let them do it.

They also do drive-pay, where if you don't pay your payment...The car is electronically disabled remotely.

Are you sure it wasn't GAP insurance rather than repayment insurance?

f**king dodge company.

Edited by Pashley26

Yeah I know. Couldn't get it off soon enough. No I had gap insurance. This was a separate policy they tried to flog me but I was having none of it. Tryed to say it would cover me if I was off work but I read the small print and I had to pay an excess first before it would kick in. Doesn't matter any more, I get 6 weeks full pay and 6 weeks half if I'm off anyway, so there's no need. My financial situation is absolutely shite as a result of debt from two previous relationships, and I'm doing my best through debt management to pay it off, in order to keep the vultures off my back. If I could go back to when I was a kid and say something to myself, it'd be never get into stuff like this to start with. On the plus point I'll be completely debt free by June 2016, so it's not for much longer. But it's been f**king hard I don't mind telling thee

• Like 1

The worst thing I can't even get 0% on something like a sofa from DFS, or on a Planet X pro carbon road bike, which is only £850, and I could pay it back easily. f**king sucks having a knackered credit rating, can't even open a bank account with an overdraft because of it

Flight comparison websites, travel agents, airline company websites with ambiguous baggage policies backed up with a "Yeah, that'll be fine, just sort it out when you get to the airport" contact system - all of these things can go f**k themselves.

EDIT: A pre-emptive "Go f**k yourself" to my 55hr return flight, too.

• Like 1

It's proving incredibly difficult to get hold of a Chris King axle for my mtb, seriously considering ditching my kings altogether for some hopes. Had this trouble before trying to get hold of King parts.

Edited by Duncy H

Can you just squeeze some 20mm (and a bit) OD / 15mm (and a bit) ID sleeves into the current axle? We had the same request from a customer the other day and I nearly shat myself when I saw how much the conversion kit was... Don't mind firing up the lathe one evening if that helps.

• Like 1

Ha I admire your perseverance! Another problem with that would be having to modify the fork dropouts too as they have a cut out for the smaller diameter axle to slot into which doesn't match the 20mm axle.

I don't mind forking out (pun intended) for the axle kit it, the problem is no one has stuck or very few people sell them!

Edited by Duncy H

How much of a recess is there (depth) in the fork lowers? And what diameter is it? That is something I hadn't thought about, but might still be workable!

Yeah, I noticed the UK importers were out of stock... Not. Helpful.

Edit: MTB 'standards' being all over the place = hassle.

• Like 2

I'd probably say 3mm off the top of my head from what I can remember but don't quote me on that, I reckon it could be done but probably more hassle than it's worth and I don't want to chop away at my new forks.

I very much agree as a cycle workshop technician (that sounds rather glorified and wrapped in tinsel) in the mtb and road world standard seems to have been redefined to "fit's a few things you can count with the fingers on your hands therefore can be called standard."

• Like 1