The Angry Thread.

Blake

My dad bought me the watch I've had my eye on for my birthday and it's got scratches around the band and is missing the Y from rotary! Considering it was (originally) a £550 watch this is a bit shoddy, going to fire off an email to HSamuels :(

Hahaha. Obviously such a good quality watch for (originally) £550. I never understand expensive watches, maybe when I become a millionaire (somehow) I will.

I must have some kind of exam anxiety, as I simply can't do them as well as if I wasn't under pressure. I was presented today with a paper 80% the same as the one I based all my revision round and could do f*ck all with it, probably scraped 20%. All I could think of was walking out, and that it wasn't worth it.

Especially as I've gotten nearly 80% in my coursework, meaning the exam isn't representative of my ability whatsoever.

Completely disheartened.

Been in the exact situation myself last year, done practice papers that were very very similar to the exam and just blanked. Couldn't remember a thing, daft as I could go through the practice papers easily and get most of it right. I just waited the minimum time i had to be there and walked out. Must have been writing for the whole of 5 minutes. Hate exams!

Been in the exact situation myself last year, done practice papers that were very very similar to the exam and just blanked. Couldn't remember a thing, daft as I could go through the practice papers easily and get most of it right. I just waited the minimum time i had to be there and walked out. Must have been writing for the whole of 5 minutes. Hate exams!

I decided to do something about it, and have gotten a meeting with Student Wellbeing about getting extra time in exams- to relieve some of the pressure.

But that's the exact kind of thing I get, it's called exam anxiety according to the doctor. (bullshit I think, but if it means extra time.. ;) )

Pretty unhelpful as my course is 80% exam, with 3 more years to go! The last year will be 50% dissertation, but I can't really hold out for that..

I decided to do something about it, and have gotten a meeting with Student Wellbeing about getting extra time in exams- to relieve some of the pressure.

But that's the exact kind of thing I get, it's called exam anxiety according to the doctor. (bullshit I think, but if it means extra time.. ;) )

Pretty unhelpful as my course is 80% exam, with 3 more years to go! The last year will be 50% dissertation, but I can't really hold out for that..

Extra time would be good, hopefully it helps. Unfortunately I seem to just completely blank, literally don't recognise anything in the questions. One of the reasons I decided to take a break from it all and maybe go back in Spetember. Fortunately I was only doing mine part time and paid by work, so I've come away with a qualification, the option to go back and I still have a job.

I feel for you though, it's a horrible feeling and incredibly frustrating when you've put in the time and work and you know the subject.

It happens to everyone to a degree, but mine seems to be a consistent problem that is making my coursework and exam grades differ by up to 60%.

I've done a fair bit of research into it, and been to the GP to get a doctors note, and learned a fair amount about why it happens. Thought associations and whatnot, and the way to combat it generally is intrinsic and involves calming techniques and reassuring yourself that the exam isn't reaaaally that important.

I have one tomorrow which is 80 negatively marked multiple choice questions, and I feel quite calm and confident about it. :)

Agencies that invent jobs that don't really exist.

Employers that expect you to tell them how much you want to earn.

Cold calling / spammer roles disguised as technical sales roles.

Websites that demand you sign up, then re-direct you to another job site which you also have to sign up to, in order to actually apply for a job.

Setting location 10 miles from Bristol max, jobs in Leeds appear in search results.

Filtering £30,000 minimum, results show jobs at £21,000.

f**k all of the above and much more.

• Like 1

Nope, I moved to a job a year and half ago that allowed me to move to Bristol.

Certainly no love here mate. To be honest the job isn't bad, but it's a shit 2+ hour commute to travel 20 miles a day, I don't earn enough so I'm gradually getting more into debt and there's no ladder to climb, just one on it's side that I could climb across.

This time Chuck, which I've only just gotten into. But this is not the first time. They've also spoiled Breaking Bad and The Office.

I'll just have to hit next episode faster.

Ah yeah I know what you mean, I always just click next episode as soon as credits come on.

Bit annoying I agree.

post-29242-0-32908700-1421656542_thumb.jpost-29242-0-56253000-1421656572_thumb.j

We are back to being a one car family again for the moment after some twat driving too fast drove into the back of our lass. She'd stopped to help a woman with 3 kids who crashed on the same bit of road and got ran into herself. Cars probably going to be a write off, the lower c pillar and sill are creased. Bit of a shame as its only 6 moths old. It's a company car and it'll get sorted, but it's the ball ache of ringing round and giving 20 different people the same set of details

You still have to inform them in the first place. Factor in foreign call centre operators and massive amounts of human incompetence in said call centre, and our lass is now ready to kill somebody. And she's had to chase her own courtesy car up as they gave the rental company the wrong information

I've been screwed on eBay to the tune of £500... Ordered 2 GoPros to sell, guy sent me 2 CDs tracked and signed for so he can prove that the parcel he sent was delivered...

...I suspect this may be the first time in history eBay don't side with the buyer :mellow:

So my dad's been a Scout leader for 10 years now and he's very genuinely done a ridiculously good job. It started as a two pack a week thing and now there's six each with thirty kids in it. We organized a halloween party and had 220 people show up. I'm not saying it's rise in popularity is all down to him but I would say without him it wouldn't be nearly as successful. It's a completely volunteer thing but if he was pain a minimum hourly wage he'd be much more well off. This kind of thing included organizing camps, wiping up kids sick, putting up with the ones that clearly have advanced behavioural issues and cleaning up blood and everything else you'd think would come with it. Basically it's a massive job and even though it's a volunteer thing he at least deserves a massive thank you.

He's stepping down this year so the leaders have sent out two emails saying this to the parents asking for a collection, just for a send off gift, nothing expensive but something to say 'thanks for 10 years of unpaid hard work'. The town's a little weird in that a lot of people are very well off and then there's a few council estates, but you would definitely expect a pretty good contribution. This is a town where a priest was once given two big plasma screen tvs by different people.

Three weeks with reminder emails = £15.