The Happy Thread

Duncy H

True that, if I'm going to take riding seriously I need to take protection seriously too I guess.

In terms of "seriously" I mean, last year in the alps I rode DH on non-specific dh bikes and was a bit mad. I can only imagine I'll be 3x crazier this time round, especially with the fact I've recently gotten a lot more confident on jumps... Haha.

Taking a go pro this time round too, a massive crash is bound to happen.

Erm, it doesn't have removable pedals? Any crank with normal pedal thread are usable with them.

Fair enough, hope it goes well.

Yes but when I said it's a 31 year old bike I meant it's a 31 year old bike, not a 31 year old frame with modern components :P

Yes but when I said it's a 31 year old bike I meant it's a 31 year old bike, not a 31 year old frame with modern components :P

My second road bike, a Bianchi from 1980 was awesome! Didn't have the best components but I'd still ride it nowadays if I still had it. Kinda miss it, road to Paris and back on that thing doing 100 miles a day. :(

Defiantly, new helmet+evidence= crash.

My missus bought a new helmet 2weeks ago on Saturday, first ride out on Sunday she went over the bars :lol:

Hahah my brand new TSG pisspot for trials got 2 pretty hard smacks not long after buying but nothing since.... You may be right. ;)

Got a new system for submitting work at college and it works a million times better than printing off essays. We've all had to make a blog, and the teachers just read it, and then leave comments telling us what we need to improve.

And I've just managed to bash out a 2000 word essay in 2 hours, so now all I've gotta do is a shot list and some storyboards for a music video I'm shooting sometime in the coming weeks. Pretty stoked.

And on top of that, the missus has made a deal with me, I'll go into a little explanation. I'm not the thinnest of lads, I weigh 14 stone, and although I'd love to say that it was all muscle, it's not, a lot of it's fat :( but a deal has been struck, that if I can get myself down to 10 stone, then she's gonna buy me some bike parts, and what makes it more awesome, is that she's committing to help me with certain "exercises" in order to help me lose said weight. Think I've definitely found myself a keeper.

• Like 1

I weigh 14 stone, if I can get myself down to 10 stone, then she's gonna buy me some bike parts, and what makes it more awesome, is that she's committing to help me with certain "exercises" in order to help me lose said weight. Think I've definitely found myself a keeper.

.... I seriously doubt you'll get down to 14, unless you do a lot of running I guess. Your fat will turn to muscle. I have like no fat and I'm 12st on the dot. The only lads I know who are around or under 10st look like f**king sticks haha. Not trying to put you off or anything just being realistic.

.... I seriously doubt you'll get down to 14, unless you do a lot of running I guess. Your fat will turn to muscle. I have like no fat and I'm 12st on the dot. The only lads I know who are around or under 10st look like f**king sticks haha. Not trying to put you off or anything just being realistic.

This pretty much. I'm around 80kg (12.5 st) and have minimal body fat. I'd aim for 12 stone and to loose the body fat. How tall are you? As both me and Jake are about 6ft ish. I know my friend who's a similar build to me is 10 kg lighter as he's 5 inches shorter.

Just noticed I said down to 14 haha my bad I meant 10.

I was gonna say aim for 12st too and build muscle, well it's inevitable you'll build muscle if you're taking it seriously.

I'm 5'10 by the way. Height does make a bit of a difference to be honest. Oh f**k i didn't realise 80kg = 12.6 stone! I was 75kg/11.8st last September ish.

Your fat will turn to muscle

No it won't, that is a total myth. He may lose fat, or gain muscle, or he might gethis diet and training just right so can do both at the same time but fat doesn't turn into muscle.

In any case unless you're a big fat b*****d there's no way you can go from 14st to 10st. 4st is a lot of fat.

• Like 2

I was gonna say aim for 12st too and build muscle, well it's inevitable you'll build muscle if you're taking it seriously.

I'm 5'10 by the way. Height does make a bit of a difference to be honest. Oh f**k i didn't realise 80kg = 12.6 stone! I was 75kg/11.8st last September ish.

You are not 5'10 :P

I know it might sound strange... lets write in metric!

Are you 155 cm tall? If yes, you are super small

I know it might sound strange... lets write in metric!

Are you 155 cm tall? If yes, you are super small

I'm about 190cm (6' 3") and I used to ride a mod up until the end of last year. :P Edited by wilf

I'm about 190mm (6' 3") and I used to ride a mod up until the end of last year. :P

so you are like 19 cm tall?

I'm 177cm which is 5'10? Do you think I'm shorter or taller then? Ha

okay I hate these imperialist numbers officially

• Like 1

No it won't, that is a total myth. He may lose fat, or gain muscle, or he might gethis diet and training just right so can do both at the same time but fat doesn't turn into muscle.

In any case unless you're a big fat b*****d there's no way you can go from 14st to 10st. 4st is a lot of fat.

The actual fat itself won't turn to muscle no, I didn't mean it that way. I meant if you work out right you'll burn the fat off and replace it with muscle.... That's what I've heard anyway.