Shiny Raw Limey 4 -- UPDATE 22/02/13

Jake.

This was built up over the last month or so, a few of you may have seen all my Facebook pictures of rawing stuff and building wheels. I'm happy to say that this is the outcome!

20130203_011031_zps275f3b88.jpg
20130203_011111_zps10054161.jpg
20130203_011122_zps7c82c192.jpg
20130203_011207_zps93ef0ad4.jpg
20130203_011308_zps2d0cccc2.jpg
20130203_011411_zps5ebf10dd.jpg
20130203_011525_zpsbfad3a79.jpg
20130203_011545_zpsa5fa4d0a.jpg
20130203_003218_zps88c32006.jpg

It took about 25 hours to raw, 5 separate days (not consecutively!) at 5 hours each.

20130116_214740_zps3bfdafef.jpg

I also did my first ever wheel builds for this bike, I fancied raw rims and new spokes/nipples and it was surprisingly enjoyable and wasn't hard just time consuming.

IMG_20130128_180344_zps8a9489b7.jpg

Spec below.

Limey 4, onza internal headset
Because curved blade forks, disc mount removed
Tryall k2 stem
Tryall carbon bars, tt thin foam
Magura 4 finger 05 f&r, ti lever bolts
Cousts f&r, echo tr & echo cnc 7075 clamps
Tryall elite cranks 175mm
Echo tr 108 ffw
Onza comp bashring
Echo SL crank bolts
Reset isis ti bb
Echo tr platform pedals
Tryall 09 rims, rear single walled, sapim spokes, halo alloy nipples
Continental speed king 2.1
Continental rubber queen 2.4

Edited by JMCD
  • Like 5

This is awesome Jake :P Looks better than I expected (I had high expectations too). Are you planning on rawing the forks too? ッ

Thanks Lewis! I'm glad it exceeded your expectations :). The forks will be left as it is, I was originally going to do the fork and stem too but I think I've got the right balance of silver and black with the rims/spokes and crankset.

Love that!! Stick with the orange 05's they look the tits!

Cheers man! Yeah they're a marmite thing, I think they look better in person (like every bike seems to). I can't be arsed spending more so I'll definitely have them a while.

:D yyeeeeaaaa!!! looks swish, was definitely worth all the time you spent with he nitro and polish (Y)

still think black maggies would fit the whole scheme of thing better than the orange though. and just the right amount of logo removal on the stem too.

Edited by trials hoe
  • Like 1

Thanks for all the positive comments guys! :D

:D yyeeeeaaaa!!! looks swish, was definitely worth all the time you spent with he nitro and polish (Y)

still think black maggies would fit the whole scheme of thing better than the orange though. and just the right amount of logo removal on the stem too.

I'll probably get the 2011/2014 ones when these one fail me, cheers Chris. ;)

Already said it, but personal favourite stock

Thanks man, I think yours looks far better now that you've removed the stem logo. If you do get round to removing the frame I'd love to see how it looks, your bike is my favourite stock.

Looks amazing Jake!

Any tips on the polishing process? I might be doing something similar this week... :shifty:

It's a secret

I told you, it's a secret

Why are you even bothering clicking this?

Really....

Okay I'll tell you if you click the button

28239818.jpg
Lol still going eh?
You really have too much time on your hands
Here's some cat memes for you
funny-eyebrows-dog-meme.jpg
I lied again hahaha
Wow I have too much time at college
:dots:
:dots:
Okay fine you want to know the secret? Press spoiler 10 more times
tumblr_lrc1008jdy1qd10l8o1_400.gif
So you're the 2% still here?
Seriously stop clicking me
Stop it.
That hurts
:(
Why are you doing this to me?
n_jui6cauI.png
Fine I suppose I better tell you.
a_jui6cauI.png
clap.gif
Well done, here's your tips
:)
Use fine wire wool on the whole frame, go through every weld with a scalpel or something that'll get the paint out of welds (it'll look odd if you leave little lines of paint in the welds). Once that's done get
Silvo, rip a little bit of the cottony stuff off, rub it onto your frame but do sections at a time. When the Silvo is dirty turn it over and use a clean bit, take more from the tin if needed. Wait about 5-10-15 minutes (the frame will start to look dirty, the white will start turning grey). Rub it off with a cotton cloth and turn the cloth over when it gets dirty. :)

Here's the shortened version without clicking spoiler a hundred times. :P

Use fine wire wool on the whole frame, go through every weld with a scalpel or something that'll get the paint out of welds (it'll look odd if you leave little lines of paint in the welds). Once that's done get Silvo, rip a little bit of the cottony stuff off, rub it onto your frame but do sections at a time. When the Silvo is dirty turn it over and use a clean bit, take more from the tin if needed. Wait about 5-10-15 minutes (the frame will start to look dirty, the white will start turning grey). Rub it off with a cotton cloth and turn the cloth over when it gets dirty. :)

Keep those mags they look ace, and as long as you dont over tighten/land on them they wont break anyway

Dont get the new(er) ones they are awful

Bike looks lush, wish i had polished my old one when i had it, might do it to my limey now when the paint is battered

• 3 weeks later...