Dental Care - How good are you?

MadManMike

I go once every 6 months but I've known the people who work there since I was 4 or something so it doesn't really bother me, they're all women too so I think if I had a male dentist I'd be a bit worried as I wouldn't be used to it haha.

I avoided dentists for about 10-11 years. Recently turned out one of my friends is a dentist so I went to sort out a problem with my bite, found the courage to ask him for a checkup when I felt comfortable in the chair and it turned out my teeth were fine. He recommended de-scaling or whatever it's called, not the most pleasant thing because there was a lot of blood but I guess not the worst either.

I guess the message here is, find out whether a friend you get along with is a dentist.

I recently had pain in front tooth and nose, the next day is was gone. Went to the dentist and she said that I might have an abscess, which is absolute bitch. I don't have any problems anymore though, it was just 1 night. I will get another xray next month to see if anything showed up, hope not :(

I had some holes (not sure what the proper word is in english) that I needed to filll, think it has been 5 my entire life. I had to get an injection in the roof of my mouth, one time. It felt like the needle came out of my nose, it was an absolutely horrible experience. I have now banned candy from my life :P

I go a couple of times a year usually, mainly because it's free 'cause my mates mum works there :P

My old dentist was a f**king nobhead though, I've got a couple of fillings I didn't need and she didn't tell me she was doing more than 1, tried to tell me every tooth in my head was rotten and I should have them all filled and best of all accused me of phoning the surgery to inform them my mother was dead :mellow: They had quite a shock when I turned up with her for our checkups!

Oh yeah, also in 9 years she never gave me a proper crown for my broken front tooth and instead just kept building it up with white filling, which obviously broke constantly, new dentist sorted it within a month, never had a problem with it since!

Edited by Jolfa

I go a couple of times a year usually, mainly because it's free 'cause my mates mum works there :P

My old dentist was a f**king nobhead though, I've got a couple of fillings I didn't need and she didn't tell me she was doing more than 1, tried to tell me every tooth in my head was rotten and I should have them all filled and best of all accused me of phoning the surgery to inform them my mother was dead :mellow: They had quite a shock when I turned up with her for our checkups!

Oh yeah, also in 9 years she never gave me a proper crown for my broken front tooth and instead just kept building it up with white filling, which obviously broke constantly, new dentist sorted it within a month, never had a problem with it since!

If my destist changes I'll cry, thats what I'm frightened about with the dentist...

I had to get an injection in the roof of my mouth

Last time I had a filling I asked not to have the injection, I'm so scared of needles that I'd most definitely pass out....

Hurt like a bitch him drilling through my teeth but I'd rather it that a needle...

I have the same issue, missing a big piece of one of my front teeth. Building it up with filling worked fine until I bashed it on something. Usually they lasted 4/5 years before I'd wack it on something else.

I last broke it off about 2 years ago, can't be arsed getting it sorted again. It's £50 a time and I manage fine without it.

Dentist is a bit sucky. But people not going for a check up now and then are pretty dumb imo, unless you're real good with your hygiene ofcourse. I really don't mind going, the NHS dentist in my town is good enough, and it's only £17.50 for a checkup and polish every 6 months. Though i can imagen being in a city is kinda shitty, and my orthodontist in the city wasn't so great.

Mike if your hygiene has been bad, then you should really man up and go. It'll only kick you in the ass later and cost you more.

If my destist changes I'll cry, thats what I'm frightened about with the dentist...

Last time I had a filling I asked not to have the injection, I'm so scared of needles that I'd most definitely pass out....

Hurt like a bitch him drilling through my teeth but I'd rather it that a needle...

I had to get an injection for the other "holes" aswell, but those didn't hurt. Just the one in the roof of my mouth was absolute horror :( I would opt for it the next time, it takes litterally a second and it just feels like small pinch.