PS4

Jake.

i cant believe how everone is freaking out about the 8gb RAM... i know it's some special RAM UMA kind of thing but you cant "see" it. how are gamers so stupid to obsess about some specs?! it's almost as ridiculous as in the DSLR world...

What i'm excited about is the 4K resolution. Now thats something you can actually see (Y)

i cant believe how everone is freaking out about the 8gb RAM... i know it's some special RAM UMA kind of thing but you cant "see" it. how are gamers so stupid to obsess about some specs?! it's almost as ridiculous as in the DSLR world...

What i'm excited about is the 4K resolution. Now thats something you can actually see (Y)

4K tv's are ridiculously expensive however.

It's like they now can finally take the not actual gameplay text out from adverts though.

8 gig GDDR5 Ram is a super fast RAM Type. The new ultrapowerful Nvidia GPU ( it is cost around 1000 pounds) got 6 gig of it. and that piece of hardware is waaaaaay to much than anyone will use ( in next 2-3 years for sure) except if it is our hobby, but that is a different thing

Better Hardware, the more option the game can contain, because it has the power behind it. Just take a look at the ingame footages. If they would came out 2-3 years earlier, we would call them pre-renedered ( so a big computer was working on the video, and what you are seeing is a video, just like an AVI file)... believe me, its kinda cool to have that ammount of ram, and it seems they can use it wisely :)

If i would be an Microsoft Employer, I would not sleep well. They need to produce something big, or bigger if they would like to sell consoles.

. Is there an X-box equivalent of the PS4?

It should come later this year, there will be, but not yet (announced)

That 8gb of ram will be shared as the cpu+gpu are bundled on the same die ie APU.

Bit of a letdown overall though. The cpu is basically a low power and low cost laptop model, however the gpu is a bit more meaty, sitting somewhere around 7850/7870 architecture wise.

Really don't see how it could play games at anything over 2560x1440/1600 let alone full blown 4k.

Edited by ZeroMatt

Yeah they didn't say anything about 4k, I don't think the next generation will have it yet, people underestimate what kind of processing power that takes. And the 4k television market is pretty much non-existant.

Anyway, I don't like the ps4, a lot of focus on social and download stuff, but nothing that actually opens up new gameplay possibilities. I don't like playing on consoles, but if I were to get one it would be the Wii U.

The ps4 won't support games at 4k but it will support films at that resolution.

Why do people always have to compare parts to what's in a pc also there 2 completely different things go and try and run any wii game on a pc and it needs to have a pretty decent spec to run properly yet the wii is no where near a powerfully system. I have a wii u and ps3 and will be upgrading to ps4.

For instance ps3 has 512mb ram ps4 8 gigs of ddr5 I know some of this will be used up by os ect but its still a huge leap from current systems.

Going by rumoured specs Ps4 will dominate over Xbox just have to wait to e3 to hopefully find out.

Can't wait to see what naughty dog ect do with the system just look at uncharted for example on ps3.

The PS4 is supposed to be a dedicated gaming machine with support for more developers now to help with the gaming variety. Plenty of info online.

Some other new features, all pretty meh imo.

Destiny is coming to PS3 and PS4. So if PS4 releases on the cheap which some say it may just do and target the money making at games, then i may buy it.

So yeah Bungggggieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Know what i'm saying here?! :dance:

Final Fantasy 14 too. But still Bungie!