work "mates"

trials owns

Yo all,

ssoo started a new job, Training to strip cars. The bloke that is meant to be teaching/showing me is a complete jerk! Gets in a pissy when i ask him anything, Never shows me how its done, Gets pissed of when i cant do something, Always likes to think he is right etc etc the list goes on!

So how do you put up with the pricks at work? Any tips to make it more bearable?

Anyone above him to talk to? Someone else you could get moved beneath so they could be your mentor?

I'd try this after talking to him, otherwise you might get a reputation for being someone who can't sort his own problems, shys away from them, or a bit of a backstabber.

Definitely talk to him first, then if no changes, then go higher than him.

Will always look better to management if you say you've tried talking to him about it first, least that's my opinion

Cheers for the tips lads (Y) Wont be able to get anyone else training me except him, The boss knows i Dont like the way he does things and has had "words" with him but no use im afraid, One of them pricks that wont change for the world.

I guess when im trained it isn't gonna be as bad without the question asking etc.

There's the answer, he's been there that long he'll be one of the old school militant types who wont change anything. Our place is full of them. Tell him to stop being a miserable old b*****d, worked with my mentor. He's been here 33 years now and I can do the job he trained me on better than him

When I was a kid this was called character building...Man up and take it.

Getting a bit of lip off your senior is nothing, within the first 6 months of my first job in the motor trade my boss had put a fork lift through my car, set fire to my laptop and eaten 6 months worth of my packed lunches.

Edited by Pashley26

When I was a kid this was called character building...Man up and take it.

Getting a bit of lip off your senior is nothing, within the first 6 months of my first job in the motor trade my boss had put a fork lift through my car, set fire to my laptop and eaten 6 months worth of my packed lunches.

Your boss was a b*****d. Doesn't mean that anyone else has to be stupid enough to put up with it.

• Like 6

Your boss was a b*****d. Doesn't mean that anyone else has to be stupid enough to put up with it.
He turned me from a wimpy little shit that moaned about everything into a thick skinned mofo who hasn't taken offense to anything in over four years. My old boss was and still is a very good friend of mine. He's one of the kindest and most charitable people I have ever met. He wouldn't have treated me the way he did if it wasn't for my own good.