smoking vs vaping vs quitting completely

FamilyBiker

The whole smoking vs not smoking argument is bollocks. Pros, cons, apples, oranges. Addictions effect people differently. And i'm sure there's no intekigent smoker out there who wishes they weren't a smoker, i mean a non-smoker and not an ex-smoker.

Its only a matter of time before electronic cigarettes get properly regulated and taxed just as badly as cigarettes.

Currently the vaping fluids available could contain anything even herpes.

But yea just stop already :P

E-cigs cost me more than fags. They helped for sure, but in the end i couldn't bare spending more.

This country's control on everything is getting ridiculous. Soon you'll need a licence to buy groceries.

E-cigs cost me more than fags.

thats not true,for me at least.100ml cost me 14€ and if an atomizer dies,it costs 6.-, or atomizer heads ,3 of them 7,-,happens aproximately every 3 months.

liquid lasts 2 months.so pretty cheap compared to cigs.

are they regulated in uk?here in germany you can buy all that stuff without taxes,our federal judges declared it as a lifestyle product,only regulation is that a shop that sells liquid has to declare the ingredients through a lab analysis(costs 80 to do it for a batch).

if that wasnt the case that stuff would be even cheaper.

Edited by FamilyBiker

My parents both used to smoke, my mum and step dad still do and it was always a huge inconvenience having to wait for them.

A lot of my family and family friends always smoked and drank, I spent a lot of time around them when I was younger and decided I never wanted to be empty shells if disappointment and unhappiness that I see a lot of them are.

I've never tried smoking and I don't really want to, you only get one life don't spend it getting hooked on something that doesn't last.

• Like 1

If you want to smoke, smoke, if you don't, don't, it's that simple. These vapour cigs are just a stop gap until you decide to just start smoking again, in 100% of the cases I've seen, especially since they're more expensive than normal smokes in the UK...

If you truly wanted to quit smoking then you wouldn't be trying to fill the hole with something else...

I smoke occasionally, usually special occasions and only socially, which equates to about 20 fags a year, and I used to smoke full time, but I've never needed a cigarette in all that time.

hopefully they stay that cheap in devices and liquids here in germany,atm i have less than 1/3 of the costs i had when i smoked normal cigs,and that with all the trying of new stuff.just bought a new atomizer for 6,-,will last 2-3 months,and in that time i will vape around 80ml of liquid,which costs me 4,50€plus p&p,now that i have the flavours(theyre more expensive than the nic base,funny).

so basically a twenny for 2 months of consuming nicotine without dying from cancer(most likely),not exactly bad imo.

the tobacco lobby is already trying to make the eu comission change the laws.

we´ll see what its going to be like,there are petitions against the changes too

Edited by FamilyBiker

thats right,okay,most of the ingredients have been tested over decades(propylene glycol and glycerine are used in smoke machines for clubs and asthma vaporizers,beauty products too),and a few manufacturers have started testing vaping devices in vitro.

but the truth is theres no long term info.

pretty much the only thing that annoys me :)

fictional people like jesus have nothing to do with that i believe :)

But how do you know that's all that's in it? To my knowledge you don't need a license to make these chemicals or to sell them?

What's stopping me from setting up my own store and under cutting the competition with some cheap, low grade chemical imported from China?

As this market is so under regulated there could be any old shit in there. Let's face it, would you by medication from a car boot sale or down the local indoor market, I know I wouldn't.

the shop i buy at for example,they have every data sheet about their stuff on their site

http://electronic-smoke.de/pdf-download/E-Liquid-50-50-09N-D-2,0.pdf

that base liquid is the one i have here.

to be able to sell e-liquids you have to make lab analysis´ for every batch that comes in.even if its from china,if it fits the din,ewg or whatever norm in every aspect its the same stuff on molecular level,no?

edit:okay that link was the security data sheet,but i have the lab results in an email i got from the shop.just have to figure out how to upload a pdf here

Edited by FamilyBiker

Smoking is for NOT A GOOD PERSONS. It's one of the most idiotic things to do in the world. You pay money for decreasing your physical abilities and slowly killing yourself. I don't know what you can discuss about it, everything about smoking is obviously even for kids.

So you don't need vaping or completely quitting, if you have at least a little bit of intellect - you just will not start.

Edited by TriаlsRider
  • Like 1

This is a trials forum(not a hippie/addicts forum or something), trials is a physical activity, if you want to increase your skill and realize your potential to the maximum you must be in good physical condition. Smoking not leads to this.

I don't want to "insult people for thinking differently to me". There are just no rational arguments for smoking at all, but tons of reasons not to smoke. Obvious ones: like lung cancer and decreasing of your abilities and lifetime(plus stink mouth for example, it's so nice to communicate with someone who stinks when he talk).

Edited by TriаlsRider
  • Like 1

To call people stupid weak pathetic jerks is pretty much an insult mate. Smoking is a personal choice and maybe there are no benefits from it but some people may say there are no benefits in trials riding (not me personally) but thats just life and an individuals human right to choice

if someone smells like vodka its the same for me lol

youre right,smoking is stupid.but most smokers start smoking as kids,i started when i was 13 or something,i wasnt able to think about the consequencies.everybody did it,and so i did.

after a few times the addiction is there,and you have no clue how that is,believe me.

imagine the sunniest day with spare time and total fitness,and being not allowed to touch your bike.take that x3 and thats what your brain says to make you smoke a cig.

its reversible,but a hard process,i´m turning down my nicotin level through vaping atm,and i will certainly quit after that.i just cant quit in a day after 20yrs of smoking,everyone is different

Edited by FamilyBiker

To call people stupid weak pathetic jerks is pretty much an insult mate. Smoking is a personal choice and maybe there are no benefits from it but some people may say there are no benefits in trials riding (not me personally) but thats just life and an individuals human right to choice

You're right about "o call people stupid weak pathetic jerks is pretty much an insult mate". It's just because I saw so many smoking people that constantly justify themselves about and coming up some stupid reasons why they smoke. Also few of my friends was smokers. I saw how they justify themselves + how they can't quit smoking and starting again and again after a week of break. This is why I'm angry about it. Some of them already have health problems in 22-23. So this is pretty sad.

Edited by TriаlsRider

Smoking is for stupid weak pathetic jerks. It's one of the most idiotic things to do in the world. You pay money for decreasing your physical abilities and slowly killing yourself. I don't know what you can discuss about it, everything about smoking is obviously even for kids.

So you don't need vaping or completely quitting, if you have at least a little bit of intellect - you just will not start.

wrong, some of the most intelligent people i know smoke.

This is a trials forum(not a hippie/addicts forum or something), trials is a physical activity, if you want to increase your skill and realize your potential to the maximum you must be in good physical condition. Smoking not leads to this.

I don't want to "insult people for thinking differently to me". There are just no rational arguments for smoking at all, but tons of reasons not to smoke. Obvious ones: like lung cancer and decreasing of your abilities and lifetime(plus stink mouth for example, it's so nice to communicate with someone who stinks when he talk).

And by your logic, if a smoker was to be a better rider than you, then not only have they been practising, but they have also been at a disadvantage so if anything it is even more impressive (Rich Pearson for example).

I personally started smoking a few years ago, it hasn't held me back so far, if anything it is useful to have a 5 minute break once an hour to refresh myself or to think. Im glad the smoking ban makes people smoke outside, some of my best thinking is done whilst out for a fag. It is important to note that i have been smoking rolling tobacco for the last 5 years, with a filter so I guess my habit isn't as bad as people on a box of 20 a day. Significantly cheaper too.

As for the other people that say smoking is severely anti-social, it is only anti-social to intolerant people and to be honest, i couldn't give a shit what they think. If anything, higher level management tend to smoke this gives you the oppurtunity to truely take advantage of their free time and actually get to know them abit outside of the professional work setting. Some of my best friends I have made through smoking and i will always be grateful of our friendships.

I do think it is clearlly bad for you, but even quitting has benefits in the work place. did you know an ex smoker is more likely to go further in industry than someone who has never smoked? It shows that you can rectify mistakes and really sort shit out therefore more likely to be put forward for promotions. I intend to quit as soon as i finish uni. couldn't imagine trying to quit now, would be very irritable. better to just smoke for now and deal with it when quitting is more likely to be successful. To quit successfully you have to want to quit. I justt haven't reached that point yet.

• Like 1

I understand its sad to see people suffer health problems but many people have health problems even if they dont smoke. I have personally seen more people ruin thier lives through alcohol not addiction but just one stupid night that has significantly changed them and not in a positive way. Any person out here on the forum that can honestly say they have never smoked, taken drugs (recreational and medicinal), touched alcohol, eaten foods with chemicals in that they dont know what they are or eaten any fats of anykind they can truely call themselves a saint and live happily in the knowledge that they are truely wasting their life because for me life is about the living not worrying what tommorow may or may not bring. At the end of they day life is short and aslong as people are not f@#!ing up other people and causing pain then live and let live thats life for me.

Smoking is for NOT A GOOD PERSONS. It's one of the most idiotic things to do in the world. You pay money for decreasing your physical abilities and slowly killing yourself. I don't know what you can discuss about it, everything about smoking is obviously even for kids.

Read the thread and the topic. This is a discussion about smoking, quitting and how people find it. Take your morals and opinions elsewhere because nobody in here wants to hear it.

Maybe, just maybe, not everyone here is looking to push themselves to the maximum physically? Just because they enjoy a physical sport, doesn't mean they will live like Olympic athletes.

Here's another reason: I like smoking. If that's not a good enough reason for you, I think you'll find it's you who is the narrow minded one.

• Like 1

what buggers me no end is that i have to heavily increase my sporting activities now,have 5 kg more on the scale in the last 3 weeks,winter,not riding that often,no chronic carbon monoxide intoxication anymore,and the f*cking tennis elbow holds me back from riding.

time to get some walking sticks and go checking out what the 50+ scene is on about hahahaha

i dont like going to be even fatter than now,its just not good for the joints and ligaments,same as with smoking,it can shorten my trials life...

Edited by FamilyBiker