how hard you train?

ALI_GH

The mistake you've made there is use the word "train". A lot, probably most, of the riders on here ride for enjoyment or the social scene so won't be that interested in training as such just riding and having fun as and when they can fit it in or feel like it.

• Like 4

when I can, that is like 1-2 times a week

Actually I am, although probably I am one of the worst rider

I have bike as a second hobby, as my main hobby is pretty much sitting next to a desk. It moves me and gives me some abilities to exist on the outside world

• Like 1

The mistake you've made there is use the word "train". A lot, probably most, of the riders on here ride for enjoyment or the social scene so won't be that interested in training as such just riding and having fun as and when they can fit it in or feel like it.

i used to ride for fun . after few months i mentioned that i had poor skills .. so i want to start training to learn more ... then it would be more fun to ride :D

for now im resting and lifting because of my knee . when it get recovered completly i will start training hard

• Like 1

I always think people who say train and are talking about trials are idiots.

Isitafox must be a huge idiot then, while talking about trials on forums and saying trains at his work place :D

guys, bear in mind that he is not from UK, he is from Iran

He might used a word, that has different meaning

By training I think he does mean practicing, but more seriously, as he is not happy with his ability

• Like 1

Isitafox must be a huge idiot then, while talking about trials on forums and saying trains at his work place :D

guys, bear in mind that he is not from UK, he is from Iran

He might used a word, that has different meaning

By training I think he does mean practicing, but more seriously, as he is not happy with his ability

Yep. But he does mention lifting:

for now im resting and lifting because of my knee . when it get recovered completly i will start training hard

• Like 1

then he mention his knees

I did training in the winter as well like that, for biking, as I had 0 muscle on me

I did not read like he takes everything aside, and just doing gym and comp riding to be the very best, but he would like to take his riding to the next level and looking for other means to help him

But lets wait for him maybe we both misunderstood him :D

I ride trials about 16-20 hours (being out with the bike) on a good week, sometimes 0 hours because of weather.

When I'm out I like to ride until I start shaking or cant ride at an acceptable level anymore.

Call it whatever you want but I see it as pushing my riding and having fun doing so

I ride with a local friend and we really push each other. I keep on at him constantly over and over until he does something he's really scared of. And when i'm annoying i'm really f**king annoying. He does the same to me, proper abusing each other until we get the big drop or something new done.

We always force each other to do something scary each ride and it's helped us progress when we do actually ride but sadly other commitments lately has kind of halted that.

But when it comes to group rides i'm always too scared to try new things which is weird. For progression I prefer to ride with just one other person.

Edited by dann2707

But when it comes to group rides i'm always too scared to try new things which is weird. For progression I prefer to ride with just one other person.

I seem to find I don't want to end up looking like a cock, could do with someone to ride with to abuse me and push me into stuff

• Like 2

opposite to me, may just be the people on the group rides. I tend to analyse how things are done, techniques ect then go give it a try

also new/not seen very often type people explaining things to you helps me a lot, just nice to hear advice from someone you don't ride with every time

I seem to find I don't want to end up looking like a cock, could do with someone to ride with to abuse me and push me into stuff

It can be arranged Dave, I have a sufficent level of b*****d for this task

Get up, eat. have breakfast. Go out on the road bike for maybe three hours. Come back, maybe have a little lunch, rest, sleep. Then go out and train for 2 maybe 3 hours trials- getting my technique dialled. Rest, then maybe 8 o'clock go to the gym and spend maybe another three hours there.

That's every day.

• Like 9

I was riding so badly today I just decided to try and work on some stuff that always annoys me, knowing I was annoyed anyway so it couldn't go much worse. That's probably the closest I get to 'training'.

It didn't work.

• Like 1

Beer and fry ups, plus the odd ride with loads of banter is about the extent of my training. I did take it a bit more seriously for comps, but having a knackered foot doesn't help things. Hence quitting comps and riding for FUN