TartyBikes - UK to FR Part 2 (Plus Extras!)

Mark W

Following on from Part 1 last week, here is part 2:

Vincent decided to take our UK team members who made it over the channel to his local riding spots at Beauvais, and to Cerny trials park. A couple of riders suffered some mechanical issues that meant they didn't get to ride as much as they'd like, but everyone still got some clips here and there (including some by Vincent's local riding partner Nicolas Vallée). Seeing Vincent ride those places in the wet was ridiculous enough - the lines he pointed out that he'd done in the dry in the past were mental...

*Update 13/6/14*

Here are the Extras from the video too!

• Like 5

That's fair enough. With the large amount of riders and comparatively short amount of time to film it meant things were pretty manic so I didn't get to try some different stuff out to make it a bit more interesting/varied. I've changed my setup a bit now though so hopefully next time I'll be able to make more of it.

That's fair enough. With the large amount of riders and comparatively short amount of time to film it meant things were pretty manic so I didn't get to try some different stuff out to make it a bit more interesting/varied. I've changed my setup a bit now though so hopefully next time I'll be able to make more of it.

Wasn't boring at all to me

It has the exactly the same kind vibe than the old natty tarty vid with Stan,Ali and Adam. Super chill.

Super good work Mark ;)

What would have been even better IMO is to mix things up with a bit of street riding

It has the exactly the same kind vibe than the old natty tarty vid with Stan,Ali and Adam. Super chill.

That's good to hear - I usually try and give TartyBikes videos that kind of vibe because I always liked the old videos of those guys riding together and it seems to suit the 'image', so it's cool that it's coming across a bit.

Some street might have been cool too, but those dudes all love riding natural and with some of the best natural in Europe right there it seemed rude not to :P As well as that, we only got about 4hrs at Lee Quarry, 3hrs at Hook Woods, about 6hrs at Beauvais and then 2.5hrs at Cerny so I'm not sure we could really have fitted in too much more due to the amount of travelling we had to do and times for ferries/hotels.

Some street might have been cool too, but those dudes all love riding natural and with some of the best natural in Europe right there it seemed rude not to :P As well as that, we only got about 4hrs at Lee Quarry, 3hrs at Hook Woods, about 6hrs at Beauvais and then 2.5hrs at Cerny so I'm not sure we could really have fitted in too much more due to the amount of travelling we had to do and times for ferries/hotels.

Yeah I get that

I said that because I always feel no matter how good natty clips are, the always work a bit better when mixed with some street clips(specially with that much natty clips)

Maybe it's just me though ;)

Nah, definitely not just you - a lot of people aren't really into riding or watching natural so I knew a purely natural video wouldn't be as popular as something like "MK to BF" or "Video Friends". However, there are still people out there who like trials videos like this so it's cool to cater for them too! You can pretty much see the splits from forum-to-forum in terms of who does/doesn't like natural (e.g. OTN are pretty into comps/natural, whereas here the majority don't seem to be as much). It's all good...

Some impressive riding! Props for the filming,natty is so so hard to film and even when you think you've managed to get the right angle,it still looks like its not that difficult.

Really enjoyed it Mark. Looking forward to the Tarty days video.

• Like 1

I was really not expected that 360 in the end, crazy Flipp!

Vicent riding is very dialed as usual, and the up to front from the young talent too.

Nice editing, and besides i didn't like the music choice it fitted well with the riding.

good riding but I found both videos quite boring to watch :/

I found the first video quite boring so I had to stop watching it. I enjoyed this one though.

I think it's mainly down to how much was shot in the same place, although the riders varied, the riding spots didn't. Even if it's natural and there's tonnes of lines, it's hard to show on camera I think.

Natural riding is probably the hardest to film and make it enjoyable to watch, so fair play for keeping me interested for the full video on this one!