New Marino 2014 Archives

LEON

Archive reach is 665mm.

I like the fork dropouts, just a solid lump would look a bit cheap, it's more for looks than weight as it won't save much. Strength shouldn't really be affected there, you should see what Rockman (I think) do to some of their dropouts!

Edited by LEON

So now I can't make fu☾king choice between Marino and Console.

Console must be stronger, right?

And one really really important thing is not specified about Archive - REACH.

Also I don't like this fork dropouts, looks pretty weak, and for what purpose? Weightwinning, lol?

Yup. Console is stronger. If I were you I'd go for that. The price tag obviously isn't a problem, is it?

• Like 1

Yup. Console is stronger. If I were you I'd go for that. The price tag obviously isn't a problem, is it?

Price tag never was a problem for me, I'm even ready to pay twice if I'll get it right now. But there are no such possibility so I'll need to wait at least 5 weeks. Same time as waiting for Marino.

Now I see the choice this way:

Marino:

1) I can choose the color. Candy red is freakin sexy.

2) Free hat (lol) from Peru and T-shirt.

Console:

1) Stronger and more reliable in all ways.

2) More beautiful at all (but I don't really like the color) and fancy.

Arcade:

1) I don't like dropouts/mini chaintugs and stupid unnecessary 15mm fork so Arcade is out in the cold.

One more question about marino - geo is alright? No mismatches?

Because BMXes have 10mm and no problem. Why do you need this stupid 15mm axle, mm? Why not 20mm why not 40mm? It's same stupid as 20mm on skye. But 20mm is better than 15mm because of wide hubs choice. But this is still unnecessarily strong. If axle and hub are good, 10mm is more than enough.

And also 10mm is more distributed it trials world, it's the "main standard". So you don't need to rebuild the wheel or using this crazily stupid adaptors with 10mm forks. Also you can make 20/15/whatever mm axle hub for 10mm fork, like CZAR with 14mm axle. It's freaking bombproof.

Edited by Clerictgm mk2

Because BMXes have 10mm and no problem. Why do you need this stupid 15mm axle, mm? Why not 20mm why not 40mm? It's same stupid as 20mm on skye. But 20mm is better than 15mm because of wide hubs choice. But this is still unnecessarily strong. If axle and hub are good, 10mm is more than enough.

And also 10mm is more distributed it trials world, it's the "main standard". So you don't need to rebuild the wheel or using this crazily stupid adaptors with 10mm forks. Also you can make 20/15/whatever mm axle hub for 10mm fork, like CZAR with 14mm axle. It's freaking bombproof.

BMXers have solid axles or hex bolts which can be torqued down tighter than any allen key will do. Its just different, plus it's usually heavier.

15mm because its a very common size and there's plenty of hub choices out there in that size despite what you think. Hope hubs have end caps that can be replaced without tools so no "crazy" adaptors needed.

Not 20mm as that's perhaps overkill plus would make a steel fork quite a bit heavier.

If you think 10mm is strong enough you use that, I wanted a stronger setup so I chose 15mm.....does that make me stupid? Plenty of other people seem to like the idea, I guess they're stupid too?

Loled. Ali, you as a really experienced rider know that the most abuse comes to the REAR hub, not front. So 15mm on rear would be more necessarily than on front.

I'd say I give pretty even abuse to front and rear. I've snapped plenty of front 10mm axles, snapped plenty of bolts on trials hubs, had wheels pop out etc. I don't think I've snapped a rear axle before, especially not on a Hope hub.

If there were easily accessible parts for a 15mm rear axle I'd go for that, but if I did that now I'd have people like you coming and calling me an idiot. Also, to do a sliding-bolt-though dropout would add weight, costs and unless it was done well,,add flex taking away the whole point.

You think we just randomly plucked hub axle ideas out of thin air for the Arcade?

You really don't have a clue.

I enjoy moving from place to place. In the past 6 years or so I think I've lived in 6 or 7 different places. I don't want to settle down anywhere yet, so why would I want to buy a house? If being "homeless" means I get to travel around more, ride more places, have more fun and do more things I'd rather do that than have somebody no-one gives a f**k about think less of me.

• Like 1

No offense guys :giggle: I'm just trolkidding. It does not matter do you have real estate and expensive car or not, you, Mark and Ali are my favorite riders and just great guys.

But I still have some question:

Ali says that he

>snapped plenty of front 10mm axles

but he

>don't think I've snapped a rear axle before, especially not on a Hope hub.

So Ali abusing front wheel more or 10mm is enough, and he just needs high quality hub on front?

Edited by Clerictgm mk2

No offense guys :giggle: I'm just trolkidding. It does not matter do you have real estate and expensive car or not, you, Mark and Ali are my favorite riders and just great guys.

But I still have some question:

Ali says that he

>snapped plenty of front 10mm axles

but he

>don't think I've snapped a rear axle before, especially not on a Hope hub.

So Ali abusing front wheel more or 10mm is enough, and he just needs high quality hub on front?

post-22185-0-92643600-1413382449_thumb.p

Edited by Paperclip
  • Like 6

Lold hardly about so stupid RnD. It's so hard to choose axle size, OМFG. RnD work is to choose proper thickness of the pipes and overall construction, this is hard, yes.

And one more question: why not 20mm that all MTB street world uses and that a lot stronger than 15mm?

And why Console uses 10mm? Because it's a cheap dirty poor version of Arcade?

Edited by Clerictgm mk2
  • Like 1