New Marino 2014 Archives

LEON

I agree about bikes being built for pics, my only guess is Marino doesn't have loads of top quality parts laying about to build up frames, I've seen a few builds in the past and they're often odd wheels or used battered stuff & I think that'd look worse than no pics. We'll have ours next week so we'll all take good pictures and sort that, I hear Ross is no longer using a grind on a street bike, so that's good to hear, and Luke doesn't know how to use a camera so you'll probably only see his bike head on from 15 feet away.

• Like 1

I agree about bikes being built for pics, my only guess is Marino doesn't have loads of top quality parts laying about to build up frames, I've seen a few builds in the past and they're often odd wheels or used battered stuff & I think that'd look worse than no pics. We'll have ours next week so we'll all take good pictures and sort that, I hear Ross is no longer using a grind on a street bike, so that's good to hear, and Luke doesn't know how to use a camera so you'll probably only see his bike head on from 15 feet away.

And also it would be cool to see pics like this:

to see the quality of weldings closer.

Also Marino has some problems with geo mismatch/cracking frames or it's all in the past?

post-37160-0-26548500-1413867629_thumb.j

post-37160-0-52579100-1413867633_thumb.j

post-37160-0-92262800-1413867637_thumb.j

geo mismatches where happening regarding to what people said( i never got anything wrong yet,people i know around here too).

most of the frames that cracked either where old like hell(4-7 years)and have been ridden hard,or designed by the customer in a way it had to crack sooner or later("hollow" options on places where you just shouldnt want them).

nothing lasts forever,dont expect any frame to go strong for ten years,thats just unrealistic unless you only ride to the lake in summer

as always this is just my own biased opinion hahaha

Edited by FamilyBiker

And also it would be cool to see pics like this:

to see the quality of weldings closer.

Also Marino has some problems with geo mismatch/cracking frames or it's all in the past?

When I get the frames Ill be taking some of my own bike pics which will include these angles. (Y)

Ill post in Bike Pics and back in here, if the threads not closed by then...

More advices to marino:

1) to work at quality of weldings.

2) Headtube on 1.1/8' frames looks cheap

3)

ac53761dcb27401fa64277277b160806.jpg

7fe071ced17aaab5610238d7e41b672c.jpg

cb_blackjack4.jpg

4)

cb_blackjack2.jpg

a7c23213d365cfe4dcb4a11bc14fb24b.jpg

By 3 I mean strengthening of this places like on Arcade/Console and BlackJack.

By 4 to use one-pieced dropout-brakemounts.

If he'll do all this Marino will be â„–1 competitor for the Arcade/Console.

Now BlackJack looks like â„–1 after Inspireds. Good quality for good price.

Edited by Clerictgm mk2

For an extra 30usd you can go for a integrated head tube which takes push in bearings which I think looks a bit nicer.

I think as long as its not a huge chunky head set pressed into a thin/narrow steel head tube, it can look ok. Take the crank brothers headsets for example. http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/topic/189080-marino-street-24-disc-and-more-stock-parts-etc/ suit the frames really well. (Y)

As for the drive side tensioner. The bolts are long enough to use your fingers to tighten them to begin with, then if you use a ratchet tool, you won’t have to fanny around with taking the Allen key out for every movement. You wouldn’t use a mini hack saw to cut down an Amazonian rain forest tree, would you? :P

Seems a bit odd though. My last Marino has cross head bolts for the tensioner – works well because a screwdriver slides right past the brace. Not really sure why you'd go to something more fiddly...

It would be odd if you found them fiddly and didnt do anything about it. If the cross head works for you, awesome. If they dont, take them out, throw them away, and try something else. Ali doesnt use his non drive tensioner on his Arcade.

Don`t forget that a Marino is about half the price of a Console.. so it`s not reasonable to expect it to be as nice as a Console of Arcade.

For the price you pay a Marino is a nice looking kit!

I`ll get some pics up as soon as I've reveiced/build mine.

BlackJack would be cheaper than Marino as far as I know, and the quality of weldings are totally awesome + there are few more advantages.

It would be odd if you found them fiddly and didnt do anything about it. If the cross head works for you, awesome. If they dont, take them out, throw them away, and try something else. Ali doesnt use his non drive tensioner on his Arcade.

Has a 2012 version of FamilyBiker hacked your account? :P

• Like 1

Ali doesnt use his non drive tensioner on his Arcade.

I believe that might partially be due to weight weenie-ism though (or he might have just lost it, which I wouldn't put past him...), which is also why there's a reasonable amount of right-hand crank arm that's no longer on his cranks, ti bolts holding his Saint calipers together, etc.

I just don't really get why you wouldn't do something like Ozonys do so you can easily adjust that non-drive bolt on the Blackjack (?) frame posted up there. Minimal effort on the manufacturing side of things, but means you can use pretty much any multi-tool to adjust it.

BlackJack would be cheaper than Marino as far as I know, and the quality of weldings are totally awesome + there are few more advantages.

Sounds like you've already made your decision.

Let us know when you've got it, and lets talk about Marino`s over here :cheers:

So anyone received one of the new Marino`s yet?

I just don't really get why you wouldn't do something like Ozonys do so you can easily adjust that non-drive bolt on the Blackjack (?) frame posted up there. Minimal effort on the manufacturing side of things, but means you can use pretty much any multi-tool to adjust it.

I guess Marks initial comment was directed at the Jackflash?

(Y)

EDIT: I hadn't actually spotted the photo you'd posted up of the Marino dropout...