It's 2014. What are the best damn disk brakes?

dave_VD

You're that one that keeps f**king whining about brakes and keep posting topics that's been discussed again and again and general things you can f**king Google yourself.

Now I'm whining about you. Dickhead

Go f**k yourself, kid.

>topics that's been discussed again and again

at least forum is not so dead.

And this topics appears without me regularly anyway.

Edited by Clerictgm mk2

Apollo plasti levers
Pink outered halfords special cable

Zoom calipers

Zoom discs

SICK brakes M8. best brake nuff said

On a serious note Hopes have everything going for them.

Unbeatable warranty terms

Superb build quality

Fully serviceable

Replacement parts readily available

Aftermarket pad choices to make them even better

Levers compatible with calliper range to fine tune the feel of your brake.

Ive run a few Mono trials just with the Standard pads and always been impressed.

Personal opinions at the end of the day. The likes of Ali, Cocky and Mr. McAskill have shown that Shimanos, while maybe not as ideal/servicable/whatever than Hopes are more than capable, especially with someone riding at your level.

Go f**k yourself, kid.

>topics that's been discussed again and again

at least forum is not so dead.

And this topics appears without me regularly anyway.

I'd rather this forum be a bit quieter than you posting a new topic about your brakes every other day.

I rode some of the smaller sections at radfest on my 29er running a Shimano slx on a 180 ice tech rotor it didn't slip held really well.

Now everyone go out and buy Shimano slx brakes.

I do run trialzones on my 24" trial bike with 180 trial on rotors and have done for a long time.

The trialzones have been inn use for coming up to two years now without fault.

But there is a lot to be said about pad choice on the hopes, I found wrong pads will result in a huge failure of brake hold.

The standard pads work best for me.

I haven't tryed any of the aftermarket ones not from hope thou. Maybe worth me trying a set

• Like 1

Thing is there is brakes that hold well for riders just riding stop start hoppy sort of trials.

And then you get the likes of Ali or Mr mcaskill who need the brakes to stop and hold from flat out speed into a bunnyhop and land on a rail or ledge over gaps normal riders wouldn't even look at, that's where a 203 rotor fitted to a sharp as hell brake like the saints will be the only brake system they can rely on.

For the majority of us most good discs will do the job of holding onto a rock or angled ledge of a sidehop or slow speed bunnyhop or relativly safe dropgap.

• 10 months later...

The m810's are like gold dust these days I would just go out and buy a brand new saint m820 with ice tech rotor, I personally run the Aztak pads that Tarty and other stores sell and I find them faultless for feathering the brake in move's while keeping their amazing bite and hold. If you do buy an adaptor for the brake get a Hope one too it will cut down adaptor flex. The saint's work well enough for you to be able to run a 180mm rotor and have amazing stopping power so I wouldn't worry about jumping upto 203mm.

Hi paper clip Im 5.7" and 65kilos would you suggest a 203mm size rotor F & R set up on my 24"? Im using a zee brakeset any insight? an icetech or RT66? which is better?