GoPro Hero 4 - Overrated or a technological leap forward?

Rusevelt

The main issue is available technology to actually use them. Most peoples PC's won't be able to edit that footage.

No really

it is not cheap (£400 if i remember well?) And leans toward more to professional usage

For non pros there is the hero, theyll get that as its cheap and decent quality

Gopro's are really good. however the clips form this ad have a lot of post process (Y)

For non pros there is the hero, theyll get that as its cheap and decent quality

If I didnt want to spend much money I would get a gopro 2 or 3 second hand rather than the new Hero, Its a piece of sh*t from my point of view

I've always found that it's difficult to match the results from promo footage with a GoPro camera. There is very little difference between my friends 3 Silver and my old Hero HD. Don't know about the 4.

4k footage is definitely a leap forwards. However, unlike when HD was released to the masses, there aren't that many displays in use which can properly display such video. And editing must be a nightmare. You need a pretty powerful PC to edit 1080p50 and encoding times are awful, can't imagine what specs you'd need to easily work on 4k.

• Like 1

Hugely over rated.

I used GoPro's for years when I was cycling.

They weren't any better than the £50 SJ4000 cam I have now.

To the average consumer the new 4's features won't be accessible and they really won't get a huge benefit from it.

Wind forward 5 years when the technology becomes accessible in low end devices and available to all and then it will be worth it.