Anyone managed to bypass iCloud activation lock?

Herbertlemon102

As above, I bought a dodgy iPhone 4s, (although I have one) but I wanted bigger memory. Unfortunately, it's iCloud locked, and the original owner won't respond and has dissapeared from everywhere. Typical. Any help is appreciated.

there were some people look at The Fappening

On a serious side, I would just do a master reset on the phone and set up your own iCloud account

Master reset? I've wiped the phone but it's still there. What's a master reset?

reset the phone to its original state like its just came out of the factory, basically a factory reset, delete every old settings and data

Do you not just go Settings->iCloud->Sign Out (right at the bottom)? Then sign in with your address...

it's activation lock so you can't get to the settings

Or jailbreak it for free with Pangu then update it through iTunes. That will trick it into wiping everything and making it a factory phone hen you turn it on after the update.

jailbreak doesn't work, needs to be unlocked

I don't there is a way around it that is legal. That's the whole point of it. It's the Find My Phone facility in iCloud which is enabled and so when you wipe the phone you need the owners details to access it again.

I bought a dodgy iPhone 4s... Unfortunately, it's iCloud locked, and the original owner won't respond and has dissapeared from everywhere.

Is it stolen?

No.

hmm.jpg

You not being the person who stole it doesn't mean it isn't stolen...

• Like 1